F1’s last visit to the Circuit de Catalunya for testing in March was hit by heavy rain.
But the weather for this weekend’s race should be very different, with three days of warm, dry conditions forecast.
The temperature will remain around 25C on all three days. Blustery conditions on Friday and Saturday will give way to a lighter southern wind on race day.
The rainfall radar shows the nearest showers in the last 24 hours have been well south of Montmelo and nowhere close to reaching the area.
There hasn’t been a wet race at the Circuit de Catalunya for 15 years, when Michael Schumacher won in dreadful conditions for Ferrari.
F1 Fanatic Live will have updated weather information during all of this weekend’s track activity.
Circuit de Catalunya location
The Circuit de Catalunya is in Montmelo, just outside Barcelona in the north-east of Spain:
2011 Spanish Grand Prix
- 2011 Spanish Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for the best driver of the Spanish Grand Prix weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel soaks up pressure for fourth win
- McLaren: Hamilton strong on “disastrous” Pirellis
- Ferrari: Alonso stars, Massa struggles
- Mercedes: Rosberg wanted Schumacher to let him pass
- Renault: Heidfeld eighth after “worst fire of my career”
- Sauber: Kobayashi gets point after puncture
- Williams: Maldonado reaches Q3 but still no points
- Force India hold back on aerodynamic upgrade
Image ?é?® Mercedes