Sebastian Vettel says he’s “sure” Red Bull will be able to fix his Kinetic Energy Recovery System in time for tomorrow’s race.
Speaking after qualifying second Vettel said: “In the race I think we will be on top of it again.
“It seems to be a bit of an endless story but the guys are pushing very hard.
“Yes, we are working very hard on the KERS. No, I didn’t use it for Q2 and Q3. I’m sure we will have it tomorrow.”
Vettel played down whether having KERS would have helped him beat his team mate:
“It’s difficult to say. It’s not right to say ‘I didn’t have KERS, that’s why Mark’s on pole’. I think he deserved pole, he did a better job today. But, sure, it was not ideal.”
2011 Spanish Grand Prix
- 2011 Spanish Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for the best driver of the Spanish Grand Prix weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel soaks up pressure for fourth win
- McLaren: Hamilton strong on “disastrous” Pirellis
- Ferrari: Alonso stars, Massa struggles
- Mercedes: Rosberg wanted Schumacher to let him pass
- Renault: Heidfeld eighth after “worst fire of my career”
- Williams: Maldonado reaches Q3 but still no points
- Sauber: Kobayashi gets point after puncture
- Force India hold back on aerodynamic upgrade
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images