Lewis Hamilton said he wasn’t able to pass Sebastian Vettel because the Red Bull was “massively quick” in the high-speed corners.
He said he had some “serious pace” but wasn’t able to get past Vettel:
“I didn’t get the best start but was able to just keep up with the Red Bulls, with Mark in particular, because I think Fernando was holding the two Red Bulls up.
“So I was able to keep up with them for a while and as the race went on we clearly had some serious pace.
“But it was very, very tough to get past Sebastian at the end. They are massively, massively quick in the high-speed turn three, turn nine and through the last corner. His downforce is incredibly clear for us, or at least for me, to see.”
2011 Spanish Grand Prix
- 2011 Spanish Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for the best driver of the Spanish Grand Prix weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel soaks up pressure for fourth win
- McLaren: Hamilton strong on “disastrous” Pirellis
- Ferrari: Alonso stars, Massa struggles
- Mercedes: Rosberg wanted Schumacher to let him pass
- Renault: Heidfeld eighth after “worst fire of my career”
- Sauber: Kobayashi gets point after puncture
- Williams: Maldonado reaches Q3 but still no points
- Force India hold back on aerodynamic upgrade
Image ?é?® McLaren