2011 Spanish GP team review
Nico Rosberg spent much of the Spanish Grand Prix stuck behind his team mate.
They didn’t, and Rosberg ended the race in Schumacher’s wheel tracks.
|Michael Schumacher||Nico Rosberg|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’22.671 (+0.102)||1’22.569|
Mercedes drivers’ lap times throughout the race (in seconds):
Schumacher’s KERS failed during Q3 so the team limited the damage by sending him out on hard tyres as a precaution. He didn’t set a time anyway and started tenth.
He took advantage of Vitaly Petrov edging Rosberg onto the grass at turn three to get ahead of his team mate and stayed there.
He came in one lap before Rosberg at all three pit stops, which gave him the benefit of fresher tyres each time, allowing him to stay ahead.
Rosberg spent almost all of the race stuck behind Schumacher, hampered by faults with his radio and DRS.
Towards the end of the race he had Nick Heidfeld bearing down on him – the trio were covered by 1.3 seconds at the line.
2011 Spanish Grand Prix
- 2011 Spanish Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for the best driver of the Spanish Grand Prix weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel soaks up pressure for fourth win
- McLaren: Hamilton strong on “disastrous” Pirellis
- Ferrari: Alonso stars, Massa struggles
- Mercedes: Rosberg wanted Schumacher to let him pass
- Renault: Heidfeld eighth after “worst fire of my career”
- Sauber: Kobayashi gets point after puncture
- Williams: Maldonado reaches Q3 but still no points
- Force India hold back on aerodynamic upgrade
Image ?é?® Daimler
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others