2011 Spanish GP team review
Battle has been joined at the back of the field as HRT put Virgin under pressure in Spain.
|Timo Glock||Jerome d’Ambrosio|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’27.315 (-1.241)||1’28.556|
Virgin drivers’ lap times throughout the race (in seconds):
Slipped behind Vitantonio Liuzzi at the start and couldn’t find a way past during the first stint.
He stopped for tyres on lap 16 and was able to pass the HRT, just three laps before Liuzzi retired with a gearbox problem.
After that Glock had a largely trouble-free race aside from a tyre vibration. He finished a lap behind the next car, the Lotus of Jarno Trulli.
Was only able to do one lap in qualifying because of a hydraulic problem and started behind the HRTs as a result. He only made it within the 107% time by 0.3 seconds.
He passed Narain Karthikeyan on lap six. He finished behind his team mate but was lapped once more, delayed by a braking problem.
2011 Spanish Grand Prix
- 2011 Spanish Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for the best driver of the Spanish Grand Prix weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel soaks up pressure for fourth win
- McLaren: Hamilton strong on “disastrous” Pirellis
- Ferrari: Alonso stars, Massa struggles
- Mercedes: Rosberg wanted Schumacher to let him pass
- Renault: Heidfeld eighth after “worst fire of my career”
- Sauber: Kobayashi gets point after puncture
- Williams: Maldonado reaches Q3 but still no points
- Force India hold back on aerodynamic upgrade
Image © Virgin Racing