2011 F1 season
Ferrari have announced Aldo Costa is no longer serving as technical director.
Pat Fry, who joined the team from McLaren last year, has taken over in charge of chassis development and Corrado Lanzone will be responsible for production, both reporting to Stefano Domenicali.
Costa remains with the team in a different capacity. He became technical director in 2007.
Ferrari issued the following statement:
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro announces that, as from today, Aldo Costa relinquishes his current position as Technical Director to take on new responsibilities within the Company.
At the same time, the technical activity has been restructured in three areas: Director for the Chassis side is Pat Fry, Production is in the hands of Corrado Lanzone, while Engine and Electronics continues with Luca Marmorini. All three report directly to the Team Principal, Stefano Domenicali.
Ferrari’s start to the season has fallen short of expectations. They have reached the podium just once in the first five races and Fernando Alonso was lapped during the Spanish Grand Prix.
The team introduced a new rear wing during practice last weekend but the development was banned by the FIA.
Ferrari also replaced race engineer Chris Dyer in January.
Earlier this month Williams announced their technical director Sam Michael and chief aerodynamicist Jon Tomlinson would leave at the end of the season following their disappointing start to the year.
2011 F1 season
- New video of Maldonado and Hamilton’s Monaco crash
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others