Jarno Trulli equalled Lotus’s best result of the year with 13th.
|Heikki Kovalainen||Jarno Trulli|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’17.343 (-0.038)||1’17.381|
Lotus drivers’ lap times throughout the race (in seconds):
Pipped Trulli by less than four-hundredths of a second in qualifying.
But lost the advantage at the start as he dropped behind Trulli and Alguersuari.
He finished a somewhat despondent 14th: “I lost a position at the start and that was pretty much the end of my race.
“The first stint was pretty difficult and on the second stint I couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót really find a rhythm as I kept having to let cars past. After the second stop I was able to start pushing but by then I couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót really do much.”
Trulli was particularly pleased to pass his team mate at the start:
“I had another great start ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ I wish I had made starts like that in previous seasons as I think I would have won several races with starts like that.”
He dropped behind Alguersuari through the pit stops and was passed by the recovering Paul di Resta, ending up 13th behind the Force India.
2011 Monaco Grand Prix
- New video of Maldonado and Hamilton’s Monaco crash
- Vettel would have gone the distance in Monaco – Pirelli
- Williams: first points of 2011 “bittersweet”
- 2011 Monaco Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vettel made call to stay out, says Horner
- Hamilton apologises to Massa and Maldonado
- Vote for your Monaco Grand Prix Driver of the Weekend
- McLaren: Hamilton loses cool after weekend of frustration
- Red Bull: Vettel takes another win under pressure
- Ferrari: Red flag decided the race
Image ?é?® Team Lotus