2011 Monaco GP team review
Sauber had only one car in the race after Sergio Perez was hospitalised on Saturday.
|Kamui Kobayashi||Sergio Perez|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’15.973 (+0.491)||1’15.482|
Sauber drivers’ lap times throughout the race (in seconds):
Starting on soft tyres and running long on his first stint worked perfectly as Kobayashi was able to pit when the safety car came out for the first time, leaving him in fifth place.
He tried to pass Adrian Sutil for fourth on lap 64, knocked the Force India wide and took the place, for which the stewards later gave him a reprimand.
On the penultimate lap he cut the chicane while Mark Webber tried to pass, and yielded the position immediately as they ran towards Tabac.
Even so fifth place, with Hamilton on his tail, was the best result of his career so far.
Up until his accident, Perez had beaten his team mate for the fourth time out of six in qualifying and reached Q3 for the first time.
But on his first flying lap on super-soft tyres in the final session he crashed heavily at the chicane, suffering concussion which kept him out of the race.
He was released from hospital two days later with no broken bones.
2011 Monaco Grand Prix
- New video of Maldonado and Hamilton’s Monaco crash
- Vettel would have gone the distance in Monaco – Pirelli
- Williams: first points of 2011 “bittersweet”
- 2011 Monaco Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vettel made call to stay out, says Horner
- Hamilton apologises to Massa and Maldonado
- Vote for your Monaco Grand Prix Driver of the Weekend
- McLaren: Hamilton loses cool after weekend of frustration
- Red Bull: Vettel takes another win under pressure
- Ferrari: Red flag decided the race
Image ?é?® Sauber F1 Team