Austin F1 Track Map 3D

2012 F1 calendar revealed with record 21 races

2012 F1 seasonPosted on | Author Keith Collantine

Austin F1 Track Map 3D
Austin F1 Track Map 3D

The return of the United States Grand Prix, following a five-year absence, will extend the calendar from this year’s 20 events.

Despite speculation over the future of the race the Turkish Grand Prix remains on the calendar, albeit subject to final confirmation.

The Korean Grand Prix has been moved forward six months from October to April.

Round Event Track Date
17 Singapore Grand Prix Singapore 30th September
18 Japanese Grand Prix Suzuka 14th October
19 Indian Grand Prix Buddh International Circuit 28th October
20 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Yas Island 11th November
21 Brazilian Grand Prix Interlagos 25th November

2012 F1 calendar

115 comments on “2012 F1 calendar revealed with record 21 races”

1. I think the limit will be for another 2-3 races, and then they’ll start questioning 3 days racing weekends.

2. MVEilenstein
    3rd June 2011, 17:17

Austin is going to be epic.

3. Gnarly Racing (@)
    3rd June 2011, 19:05

Any chance of the drivers being allowed an extra engine?

4. I really love Formula 1 and I don’t understand how so called “fans” can complain about more races – if it was possible I’d be happy with a race EVERY weekend.

Yes it’s hard for the teams but it’s a sport that is at the top of the top when it comes to pay checks and luxury so I think it’s a challenge they should rise to.

Ok, so some of you are saying that the development of the cars will suffer – fair enough, good point but to be honest I’m pretty sure the teams will be able to work something out.

I’m totally against F1 being forced to be “green”. It’s just not appropriate. F1 is supposed to be (in simple terms) the best of the best and the fastest cars with the fastest drivers and in my opinion that means the costs should be the highest of the high and people should just get over it and enjoy the fantastic entertainment!!

5. racerdude7730
    4th June 2011, 0:07

hey guys if you wanna see what they are doing at the new Circuit of the americas take a look at this. These are about a week old but its pics of how far they have got to this point. There are tons of pics on there to look at i think you guys might like this stuff. Let me know what you think i cant wait. Also they have detailed pics of what it will look like when it is finished. These are new and are not the old ones. This shows 100% what it will look like. The best part is there is alot of run off but its not a ton like they have at new tracks…..

6. racerdude7730
    4th June 2011, 0:09

One last thing i forgot here is a 5 min video of a 3d walk through of the track. It shows the cars running the track and breaks down each part of the track with video animation. I hope you enjoy!

7. racerdude7730
    4th June 2011, 0:11

plz ignore that video link it they changed what it was on the website and i didnt know it :/

8. I know this is just a provisional calendar but has anyone noticed Belgium and Italy are now back to back races?

This means this is a 4 week break between Hungary and Belgium, followed by another 3 weeks between Italy and Singapore.

9. Money money money.

20 is the limit.

10. It’s like my greatest dream coming true.Not sure whether Turkey will be on the calender but I hope it will make it.

11. I don’t see why the calendar is so spaced out at the end. I would have thought some teams would like to end the championship a bit earlier.

12. The 2012 F1 calendar will contain a record 21 races according to the provisional schedule published by the FIA today.*

*Subject to civil unrest.

Glad to see Istanul Park is on there, hope it stays that way!

Having Korea in April is a nice twist. I love early season early wake-ups!

13. I think 21 races is a bit too much , even dedicated F1 fans have a life.

14. What did Bernie say, ‘No more than 20 races’. Oh well, he can always dump Turkey

1. What if Turkey pay the money which will stop Bernie’s mouth.

15. HounslowBusGarage
    4th June 2011, 19:58

I suddenly understand that there was another reason why Bernie wanted to move the 2010 Indian race to the end of the season. He did not want the re-scheduled Bahrain race to close the 2011 season and Bahrain to open the 2011 season four months later.
    Korea in April looks intersting; what will the temperature be then?

1. HounslowBusGarage
      4th June 2011, 20:00

Error. Should be “Bahrain race to close the 2010 season” not the 2011 season.

16. Austin in the middle of June. I’m sure the Hospital industry lobbied hard for that date, they will make millions off their ERs treating dehydration!

17. Paul Russ Richards
    11th December 2011, 18:35

Very disappointed.Too many dates coincide with WTCC at the beginning of the year for watchers ,goers of both.I have found F1 a little boring over the last year,even being an ardent Brit driver follower and Alonso interested.WTCC is much more exciting,right up until the last race.I know what i am going to watch most after 60 years of following F1