Pirelli will bring a revised medium tyre for teams to test at the Canadian Grand Prix.
Team will be able to sample the tyre in practice on Friday.
The medium tyre is due to be introduced for the first time this year in the following race at Valencia. Pirelli have not yet decided whether they will use the new medium tyre there.
Pirelli told F1 Fanatic: “It’s not a big change: it will keep broadly the same performance levels as the current medium, but with a slightly longer life.
“With the hard tyre becoming harder, a tweak was needed to the medium to ensure that it fitted exactly between the soft and the hard in terms of degradation”.
Teams will use the soft and super-soft tyres in Canada, and the medium and super-soft tyres in Valencia.
Pirelli added the new hard tyre introduced in Spain was “likely” to be used at the British Grand Prix as well.
2011 Canadian Grand Prix
- Technical review: 2011 Canadian Grand Prix
- 2011 Canadian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for your Canadian GP driver of the weekend
- McLaren: Button makes amends for collision with stunning win
- Red Bull: Vettel finally cracks under pressure
- Ferrari: Alonso rues ‘bad luck’ after retiring
- Mercedes: Schumacher misses out on podium
- Sauber: Kobayashi slips from second to seventh
- Renault: Heidfeld crash leaves Petrov fifth
- Williams: Barrichello in points, Maldonado crashes
Image ?é?® Pirelli