F1 2011 by Codemasters – first pictures

F1 pictures

F1 2011 – the official game of the 2011 Formula 1 season by Codemasters – will be released on September 23rd this year.

The sequel to F1 2010 will once again be available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Here are the first pictures from the game:

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?? Codemasters

129 comments on F1 2011 by Codemasters – first pictures

1. Robert McKay said on 7th June 2011, 23:11

I don’t really like F1 2010. I’m not entirely sure why. I’ve not played it remotely enough to encounter any of the bugs, that’s the funny thing.

It looks pretty but I just don’t like how it handles that much. Perhaps that’s just that it doesn’t translate to a pad much.

So I’m not that excited about F1 2011.

If I could just get a Geoff Crammond Grand Prix 5…

2. Rob Wilson said on 8th June 2011, 0:09

I absolutely cannot wait for this game. I have a playseat A1GP with a Logitech G27 and I’m ranked in the top 2% globally on F1 2010, and i’m determined i will be up there again on this game.
    For anybody that says this is arcady, try switching traction control off putting it in manual and selecting tyre wear and fuel deg on, then chose 100% race distance at monaco with the AI selected as LEGEND, full damage and zero flashbacks, then choose to race as Senna or Chandhok, then, win the race. Come back and say the game is arcady when you can do that.
    (p.s. – i did this and got to lap 62 of 78, placed in 4th and battling for the podium when i Hamilton Style dived down the inside of JB only for it to go wrong and before i could react ended up with no front wing, consequently no downforce and no sight of the pit-lane. A devastating end to an epic display of skill and Stamina. Yes, i’m humble.

• pSynrg said on 8th June 2011, 0:22

The simple fact that there’s any kind of possibility for a HRT to achieve better than 14th (AUS, 2010) is the definition of its ‘arcade’ style.

Not doubting your amazing skeeeelllzzz at the wheel but why don’t you join in at iRacing to see how well they translate to a hard core simulation. They have the Williams FW31 on there and it’s as difficult as it should be (the computer isn’t helping you, at all!)

• iRacing is HARD. You have to work at every corner or every lap. I know I did, and even the the best place I ever got was a single 3rd position. And even then that was only in the MX5, I daren’t try any other car, it took me so long to get even semi-decent in the Mazda.

But anyone can do a few laps in F12010 without putting a wheel wrong.

• BasCB (@bascb) said on 8th June 2011, 19:08

I think Anthony Davidson commented, that actually driving a F1 car in iRacing is too hard compared to the real thing!

That was last year commenting on his work for Codemasters.

• Nas-T said on 8th June 2011, 14:51

yup, still arcady.

3. BROOKSY007 (@brooksy007) said on 8th June 2011, 0:51

Yes f12010 had bugs but I still play it as often as I play cod black ops!

That’s a big statement!!

4. sato113 said on 8th June 2011, 1:49

the one thing that annoyed me most about f12010 was the high pitch revving sound made when just leaving the bloomin’ pits! the engine sound is horrible anyway, a real life f1 engine sounds much better.

• Robert McKay said on 8th June 2011, 11:11

The engine overall sounds like a baby wailing its eyes out, which drives me crazy.

5. Mike said on 8th June 2011, 1:52

Well, it looks nice. clap clap.

But so did last years, and it’s not visuals I’m after to be honest.

6. community based rfactor is better than this trash as far as online racing

7. infy (@infy) said on 8th June 2011, 7:27

This game will probably have Lewis Hamilton or Vettel dressed up like Ken Block, saying “cool” things at every opportunity.

It would be EXTREME

8. CLK_GTR said on 8th June 2011, 7:28

Hate the hazy look the game has in dry conditions. The colouring could have been so much more improved to look realistic.

9. AA said on 8th June 2011, 8:59

In f12010 the graphics were good, the on track racing was good, but as a game in terms of replay value it was about as exciting as chasing a hoop with a stick. 2011 is basically the finished product that 2010 should have been. I’m not going to bother with it.

10. JK said on 8th June 2011, 9:15

Im amazed at all the negative comments on here about this, F1 2010 is a commercial game for the masses so of course its going to be easier than a hardcore sim, if you want close to real life physics then head for iRacing/NKpro/Rfactor/LFS bare in mind these can take a long time to master before the level of enjoyment you get from playing F12010 comes to equal? The beauty of F12010 is that is a very good balanced game that is actually suitable for both novice players using a pad and sim nuts using a wheel. Yes there were bugs in the release but it has been well publicised that it was rushed just to get it out on time and the majority of them were actually fixed anyway.

I believe they are going to be doing this annually so it will evolve over time, but if I remember the decision was made to drop further development of 2010 to fix everything and improve the game but to instead concentrate on making 2011 that much better, a bit like what Ferarri did in real life. I for one cannot wait for the new release to come out but my only citicism is that they have opted to stay with 720p graphics and trade upto to full 1080p, I read somewhere that codies said 24 F1 cars online in HD would not work…………but then they say max 16players online (the same as GT5 which is full HD1080p) Whats the deal???!!!

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 8th June 2011, 9:44

I saw an interview with one of the developers recently where he said online races could have up to 16 players plus eight computer opponents, to give a full grid of 24 cars.

• pSynrg said on 8th June 2011, 10:34

JK, I get your point but this is Formula 1. The worlds premier motor racing series. It/we deserve better than this superficial crap.

Codemasters have some talent, certainly when it comes to making something look good. But also when it comes to fleecing cash out of as many wallets as possible.
      If the product wasn’t ready (F1 2010) it should not have been released in that state. Rather, have less features that work than more that don’t.

The player is constantly nannied through the game. Never once are you actually in control. It’s always just an approximation of your inputs to what happens and then the computer adjusts the other variables to suit and give you an artificial advantage.
      Where is the sense of achievement in that? Oh yeah, I forgot, the puddles look great.

The Codemasters F1 franchise isn’t even a patch on the previous official on the PC (F1 99-02) and it’s such a waste of what should be the driving game/sim equivalent to F1 itself.

It’s embarrassingly bad.

Come back Geoff Crammond, please!

11. Alf said on 8th June 2011, 10:46

Not going to bother with this. F1 2010 was sooo laggy, never really got any enjoyment out of it. Sorry Codemasters, you’re not getting anymore of my cash.

12. Thomas said on 9th June 2011, 17:25

I can only agree that F1 2010 was a very-very buggy game. But the unacceptable part wasnt in itself the bugs, but the lack of support afterwards. Basically Codemasters went “screw you” and didnt do a thing about it.

Horrible customer service aside: the feel of the game is awesome. On that alone F1 2011 might be a buy – but last years post-sale support failure will mean seeing rather than believing first.

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 9th June 2011, 17:28

I think that’s very harsh. They had a patch out pretty quickly and addressed a lot of the criticisms at length:

• pSynrg said on 9th June 2011, 18:21

Keith, no disrespect but me thinks you don’t deal with software/games very much?

They did release a patch, it fixed a few things, it didn’t fix many other things and broke a few more things along the way.

CM’s after sales is notoriously bad, it consists of a forum with what I can assume are automated responses to effect of ‘We’re sorry you are having problems. Please ensure your system is compatible and you have all the latest drivers installed… blah blah blah ad infinitum.’

There are similar game stopping bugs with their recent DiRT 3 release (which just had a 500MB patch that didn’t address the single most common problem people are having.

I’m just glad they don’t make real cars. They’d look like Lamborghini’s and be useful as a Trabant…

13. Jman167 said on 27th June 2011, 23:36

Hi,

Just to put my two pennys worth in …

My single biggest criticism of F1 2010 is the awful framerate drops through swimming pool and Antony Knowes at Monaco. Anybody experiencing these issues will know that it point blank finishes the game for you, totally unplayable.

Overall, I’d give the game a 6ish out of 10. Massive credit has to be given in terms of the aesthetic element of the game, but that’s the easy bit.

My list of woes is as follows:

Framerate drops as described, unacceptable

Pit Lane limiter, just has to be fully manual, and when it says manual, it needs to mean manual, in all sessions!

Sound upon changing gear isn’t crisp.

Fix these, and i’ll buy 2011.

14. Merk said on 28th June 2011, 17:32

I’m buying F1 2011 immediately..

Even if I only play it for 2-3 weeks, I’m just happy to have an updated F1 game. Plus, I want to support codemasters for actually attempting to make this game (something nobody attempted since 2005/6ish?)

Sure there are problems, like the drop in framerate, but that should* be an fairly simple fix in the new game. Drops in framerate is just a rendering problem becuase the demands are too high, I’m sure they’ll just reduce the amount of polygons/detail around the effected areas, and it will be smooth sailing from there.

*absolutely no source!

15. Midnightmundster said on 2nd August 2011, 22:49

I find that many of you have complained about bug’s in f1 2010, true i am gutted about the pit zone & some other minor stuff, but, as an F1 fan & have been for the last 30 yrs or so i must say that F1 2010 is the best f1 game out there, i sure am looking forward to 2011 game with the safety car DRS & kers. An online championship in conjunction with the actual race on tv would be amazing with announcements by jake humphries etc. Besides, being a biker of 30 yrs i found no bike game worthy of thier genre apart from TT SUBERBIKES on ps2 so being as f1 2010 was codemasters first attempt at it i give them a standing ovation.also i am 3 times world champ on pro mode with full laps. 2 drivers tittles with virgin,1 with redbull & now leading my 4th year in Mclaren (sorry lewis they chose me over you!!!!)
    BRING ON F1 2011!!!