F1 2011 by Codemasters – first pictures

F1 pictures

F1 2011 – the official game of the 2011 Formula 1 season by Codemasters – will be released on September 23rd this year.

The sequel to F1 2010 will once again be available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Here are the first pictures from the game:

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?? Codemasters

129 comments on F1 2011 by Codemasters – first pictures

1. Alf said on 8th June 2011, 10:46

Not going to bother with this. F1 2010 was sooo laggy, never really got any enjoyment out of it. Sorry Codemasters, you’re not getting anymore of my cash.

2. Thomas said on 9th June 2011, 17:25

I can only agree that F1 2010 was a very-very buggy game. But the unacceptable part wasnt in itself the bugs, but the lack of support afterwards. Basically Codemasters went “screw you” and didnt do a thing about it.

Horrible customer service aside: the feel of the game is awesome. On that alone F1 2011 might be a buy – but last years post-sale support failure will mean seeing rather than believing first.

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 9th June 2011, 17:28

I think that’s very harsh. They had a patch out pretty quickly and addressed a lot of the criticisms at length:

• pSynrg said on 9th June 2011, 18:21

Keith, no disrespect but me thinks you don’t deal with software/games very much?

They did release a patch, it fixed a few things, it didn’t fix many other things and broke a few more things along the way.

CM’s after sales is notoriously bad, it consists of a forum with what I can assume are automated responses to effect of ‘We’re sorry you are having problems. Please ensure your system is compatible and you have all the latest drivers installed… blah blah blah ad infinitum.’

There are similar game stopping bugs with their recent DiRT 3 release (which just had a 500MB patch that didn’t address the single most common problem people are having.

I’m just glad they don’t make real cars. They’d look like Lamborghini’s and be useful as a Trabant…

3. Jman167 said on 27th June 2011, 23:36

Hi,

Just to put my two pennys worth in …

My single biggest criticism of F1 2010 is the awful framerate drops through swimming pool and Antony Knowes at Monaco. Anybody experiencing these issues will know that it point blank finishes the game for you, totally unplayable.

Overall, I’d give the game a 6ish out of 10. Massive credit has to be given in terms of the aesthetic element of the game, but that’s the easy bit.

My list of woes is as follows:

Framerate drops as described, unacceptable

Pit Lane limiter, just has to be fully manual, and when it says manual, it needs to mean manual, in all sessions!

Sound upon changing gear isn’t crisp.

Fix these, and i’ll buy 2011.

4. Merk said on 28th June 2011, 17:32

I’m buying F1 2011 immediately..

Even if I only play it for 2-3 weeks, I’m just happy to have an updated F1 game. Plus, I want to support codemasters for actually attempting to make this game (something nobody attempted since 2005/6ish?)

Sure there are problems, like the drop in framerate, but that should* be an fairly simple fix in the new game. Drops in framerate is just a rendering problem becuase the demands are too high, I’m sure they’ll just reduce the amount of polygons/detail around the effected areas, and it will be smooth sailing from there.

*absolutely no source!

5. Midnightmundster said on 2nd August 2011, 22:49

I find that many of you have complained about bug’s in f1 2010, true i am gutted about the pit zone & some other minor stuff, but, as an F1 fan & have been for the last 30 yrs or so i must say that F1 2010 is the best f1 game out there, i sure am looking forward to 2011 game with the safety car DRS & kers. An online championship in conjunction with the actual race on tv would be amazing with announcements by jake humphries etc. Besides, being a biker of 30 yrs i found no bike game worthy of thier genre apart from TT SUBERBIKES on ps2 so being as f1 2010 was codemasters first attempt at it i give them a standing ovation.also i am 3 times world champ on pro mode with full laps. 2 drivers tittles with virgin,1 with redbull & now leading my 4th year in Mclaren (sorry lewis they chose me over you!!!!)
    BRING ON F1 2011!!!