2011 Indian Grand Prix
The FIA has set a date of December 11th for this year’s Indian Grand Prix.
An FIA spokesperson told F1 Fanatic “let’s say that for the moment, it’s official”.
The new date increases the length of the calendar by two weeks. The Indian Grand Prix takes over from the Brazilian round as the season finale.
The race, to be held at the Buddh International Circuit, was moved to the end of the calendar to make way for the reinstated Bahrain Grand Prix.
The FIA announced on Friday that Bahrian would take the date given to India, and moved the Indian round to an unspecified date at the end of the season.
However there is serious doubt over whether this arrangement will hold as F1 teams have told the FIA they will not accept an extension of the calendar.
According to the FIA’s International Sporting Code, changes to the calendar must have the support of all the teams.
2011 F1 season
- New video of Maldonado and Hamilton’s Monaco crash
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles