2011 Bahrain Grand Prix
The organisers of the Bahrain Grand Prix have said they “will not pursue the rescheduling of a race this season”.
Circuit chairman Zayed Alzayani said: “Whilst Bahrain would have been delighted to see the Grand Prix progress on October 30th in-line with the World Motor Sport Council?óÔéźÔäós decision, it has been made clear that this fixture cannot progress and we fully respect that decision.
?óÔéź?ôBahrain has always sought to play a positive role in the continued development of Formula One, from pioneering F1 racing in the Middle East, to helping other countries in facilitating their own races in new territories, as well as providing our own unique experience and universal welcome to Grand Prix supporters.
“Bahrain has absolutely no desire to see a race which would further extends the calendar season detract from the enjoyment of F1 for either drivers, teams or supporters. We want our role in Formula One to continue to be as positive and constructive as it has always been, therefore, in the best interest of the sport, we will not pursue the rescheduling of a race this season.
?óÔéź?ôWe look forward to welcoming teams, their drivers and supporters back to Bahrain next year and would like to extend our deepest gratitude to our supporters, including staff, volunteers, sponsors, private businesses and the general public, for whom I know this year?óÔéźÔäós decision will be a disappointment. We would also especially like to thank the FIA, FOM, The Bahrain Motor Federation (BMF) and the teams for all support and understanding they have extended to us at this time”.
On Thursday the FIA asked Bernie Ecclestone to submit a revised calendar following the team’s objections to the reinstatement of the Bahrain race.
2011 Bahrain Grand Prix
- The Bahrain affair was a return to the bad old days of F1 politics
- Bahrain Grand Prix officially dropped for 2011
- FIA reveals Ecclestone’s 11th hour attempt to save Bahrain race
- Bahrain drops bid to host race in 2011
- FIA asks Ecclestone to submit new 2011 calendar
- Ecclestone says Bahrain race won’t happen in 2011
- Teams have to approve new Bahrain date – Mosley
- How should FOTA react to the Bahrain decision?
- Bahrain Grand Prix reinstated on 2011 F1 calendar
- Ecclestone says teams support return to Bahrain
Browse all 2011 Bahrain Grand Prix articles
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others