2011 F1 season
Ferrari have announced an extension of their sponsorship deal with Marlboro.
The deal, which was set to expire at the end of this season, has been extended for a further four years.
Under the arrangement with Philip Morris International, Ferrari race under the official title of Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, despite tobacco advertising being banned in the sport.
Last year Ferrari changed their livery following accusations that the design was intended to draw attention to their association with Marlboro.
They revealed a new team logo ahead of this year’s season which is now displayed on the cars.
Marlboro has sponsored several different teams since first appearing in the sport in 1971.
Ferrari also announced an extension of their partnership with Puma before the Canadian Grand Prix.
2011 F1 season
- New video of Maldonado and Hamilton’s Monaco crash
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others