2011 European Grand Prix Thursday pictures

F1 pictures

See what the drivers and teams have been up to on Thursday at Valencia.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?? Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Renault/LAT, Williams/LAT, McLaren, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India F1 Team, Sauber F1 Team, Team Lotus, Virgin Racing, Motioncompany, Pirelli

34 comments on 2011 European Grand Prix Thursday pictures

1. Fer no.65 (@fer-no65) said on 23rd June 2011, 18:45

2 things here:

1- I really want a Paella now!!!!

2- Heikki’s sunglasses are just ghastly!

2. Jonathan189 (@jonathan189) said on 23rd June 2011, 18:45

I take it Hamilton couldn’t be trusted to look after one of those expensive go karts?

• LuvinF1 said on 23rd June 2011, 19:54

Remember – they are in Spain – not quite the center of Lewis’ fan base. And obviously, the couldn’t send out Pedro alone, so Jenson probably drew the short straw.

3. The Last Pope said on 23rd June 2011, 18:52

Look how happy Jarno is! Could it be that the power steering is finaly fixed :P

• Fixy (@fixy) said on 23rd June 2011, 19:02

Fingers crossed! It’s a while he wasn’t so enthusiastic! Hopefully his Lotus won’t be used as a launch pad like his team mate’s was last year!

4. Matty said on 23rd June 2011, 18:53

Im getting a hat like Fernandos

5. Fixy (@fixy) said on 23rd June 2011, 19:00

De La Rosa has really increased in popularity since driving in Canada – first he drives karts alongside Button where Hamilton is not, then he also slightly edited his helmet design on top…

• Mach1 said on 23rd June 2011, 19:18

He got alot of press in Canada. Alot was made of him wearing McLaren overalls while driving the Sauber. So I think McLaren and/or McLarens sponsors are cashing in by giving him more coverage and face time in case it happens again. I also think I read somewhere that Sauber said they would probably use him again if a similar situation occured…can’t remeber where I read that or if it was just someones comment on here…

• De La Rosa did that remote control thing on Spanish TV too, beating Jenson and Lewis :)

6. Hairs (@hairs) said on 23rd June 2011, 19:01

Force India have a pretty impressive motorhome upgrade there.

7. Trix (@) said on 23rd June 2011, 19:05

I’d never thought HRT would make my mouth water…

8. Butler258 said on 23rd June 2011, 19:20

I see a Honda sign on the GoKart.

Who’d of thought that JB would be back racing in a honda so soon :-o (yes, nearly 3 years ago is ‘so soon’ )

9. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 23rd June 2011, 19:27

I actually thought who the hell is that…until I saw it was Jarno Trulli smiling!

10. driftin said on 23rd June 2011, 20:06

No Lewis on the go kart track? :(

11. Chalky (@chalky) said on 23rd June 2011, 21:16

I wonder who the lucky 3rd driver is in the go-karts?
    Can’t be a competition winner. Looks too pro for that with the race suit and helmet. Some local go-kart champ perhaps?

12. Gman said on 23rd June 2011, 21:29

Is that Alexander Rossi walking with Chandhok and Heikki? Would be awesome if that was the case!

13. James Williams said on 24th June 2011, 8:32

Who’s that in the other kart with Button & de la Rosa?