2011 European Grand Prix practice in pictures

F1 pictures

Pictures from the first day of practice for the European Grand Prix.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?? Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Renault/LAT, Williams/LAT, McLaren, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India F1 Team, Sauber F1 Team, Team Lotus, Virgin Racing, Motioncompany, Pirelli

20 comments on 2011 European Grand Prix practice in pictures

1. xbx-117 (@xbx-117) said on 24th June 2011, 15:49

These are all good, but none of them really wow me.

2. Rob said on 24th June 2011, 16:25

Still no 1080p :(

• Torg said on 24th June 2011, 16:40

Perhaps you want them in 3D too? :)

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 24th June 2011, 16:40

I could potentially offer higher resolution images – but not for free. What would you be willing to pay for access to a higher resolution gallery?

• damonsmedley (@damonsmedley) said on 24th June 2011, 17:25

I say keep it as it is. They’re fine.

• The Last Pope said on 24th June 2011, 17:54

+1. They are super. The Hamilton and Rosberg ones at the same corner almost do look 3D :)

• Alex White (@alex-white) said on 24th June 2011, 18:01

You could set up a per picture download fee?

say (For example) 20P per Hi-res picture.
        or a fee to access the whole gallery in hi res.. for example.

£10 for a years worth of HD goodness
        £7 for 6 months
        £4for 3

That way I don’t see how it could be overcharging, but I don’t know how much server hosting / getting pictures actually cost. I could be very wrong with the numbers but its only guesswork and ideas. Cheers :)

• ops30 said on 24th June 2011, 19:35

No complaints here Keith. I love seeing these pics, especially right after the sessions. Thank you!

• Torg said on 24th June 2011, 21:30

They look pretty hi res to me!! The quality of them are great.

I personally think the photgraper/s should be given a high five.

3. The Last Pope said on 24th June 2011, 17:48

That Hispania is smiling :)

4. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 24th June 2011, 19:23

I really do like the yellow and orange around here.

5. Who win?