Start, Valencia, 2011

Rate the race: 2011 European Grand Prix

2011 European Grand PrixPosted on | Author Keith Collantine

What did you think of the European Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2011 European Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (13%)
  • 2 (15%)
  • 3 (16%)
  • 4 (17%)
  • 5 (18%)
  • 6 (15%)
  • 7 (5%)
  • 8 (1%)
  • 9 (0%)
  • 10 (1%)

Total Voters: 541

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

230 comments on “Rate the race: 2011 European Grand Prix”

Jump to comment page: 1 2 3 4 6
  1. Previous seasons that would have been maybe a 7. That was barely scraping a 5 for this season. The mid-field action, of which there was quite a lot, saved it from being any lower.

Clearly this track has been properly confirmed as no good, even with the DRS gimmick, and they tyres didn’t really do their job so well.

Also, 24 cars finishing a race is rubbish. These cars are too good now, and the track clearly isn’t challenging enough if no-one managed to find a wall. I miss the days when you only had 10 finishers, which always ended with some real surprises when it came to handing out the points.

Roll on a wet/dry Silverstone, please.

2. Time and time again it’s borne out that if you removed Vettel from the race you might have had some excitement. As it stands he just adjusts the repelling magnet he has against second place as needed and I switch off early.

3. The Last Pope
    26th June 2011, 14:54

That was really boring! 2/10

4. Very boring.
    This race circuit just lacks any atmosphere.
    Even with a double DRS activation, it was all but impossible to overtake.
    The circuit can’t hide. Even the beautiful water front has warehouses built directly in front of it. Yes mooring points for boats, to stare happily at the team trucks.

5. Went for a 2

Taking in that we’ve been spoiled this year with brilliant races.

Minus Eddie everyone we’ve herd talk about Valencia says that it lacks the F1 atmosphere and doesnt have the buzz of F1 races and thats after 4 years now!

And of course the main part of F1 on track action wasnt really helped even with 2 DRS zones to me says Valencia is a failure as a racetrack. I like sector 3 myself leading to potential brave pass into the last corner but the rest of the track is rubbish. Like DavidS i was almost falling asleep. Sorry F1 but the Indycar last night was a hell of alot better.

Roll on Silverstone and a proper F1 race!

6. 6/10, the best Valencia race so far, which isn’t saying much. It was nice to see Alonso get second, with the other highlight being Schumacher passing Sutil with no front wing.

7. Dull dull dull dull dull, silverstone has to be good or bernie will have a conniption fit

8. Well, this race was brought in because F1 became popular in Spain after Fernando won 2 championships and Michael retired.

Now that VET is winning everything, Germany will get an extra round. Lets make Nurburgring as the European GP and Hockenheim as German GP!

1. Gaston (@golarrazabal)
      26th June 2011, 15:42

Well, it used to be that way not too long ago, I think. Or the Nurburgring got the Luxembourg Grand Prix? Something like that.

9. 2/10 Absolutely rubbish.

10. Alonso_McLaren (@)
    26th June 2011, 14:58

Torture for TV viewers。

11. 5/10

It was never a great track and the race never really got exciting.

12. 2/10. Boring, boring, boring.

13. Boring.

Can’t be bothered to put more words to it, it’s not worth it. If it’s on next year’s calendar, it’ll be the first F1 race for over a decade I’ll purposely ignore. I’ll check the points standings afterwards, because there’ll be some changes.

14. As plain as possible or, as boring as ever possibly they can… 2 out of 10 doesn’t seem too stingy.
    Also no exception to hear that weird screaming from SV though weird not hearing “THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT!”

1. The Last Pope
      26th June 2011, 15:07

I think he just has a mp3 recording that plays automaticly when he finishes the race.

15. I decided to take the whole 1 to 10 rating range into consideration. Average F1 races I’ve been giving a 6, but the standards gone up, so I’ve moved the scale down a bit.

2/10 +1/10 for the record number of finishers = 3/10. Valencia just doesn’t work.

16. Fell asleep. Valencia is not a challenge, its got to go.

17. i always have to go through hell every sunday night i wish i was a neutral fan. webber has had 0 luck this year. nothing has gone his way.

1. oh btw race gets 6. it wasnt that bad. all the mclaren fans on here are just upset because their team didnt get enough tv time. it wasnt worse than any of the other races this year for me.

2. This is the first time in about 3 years I’ve started to think maybe it is better if he doesnt get another year at Red Bull.

It’s just painful time and time and time again. Even if on the rare occasions he does get a decent start, rather than battle with the guy in equal machinery, he just leads the rest of the pack…. and not by a great deal either.

I know Red Bull admitted last year they were making the car for Vettel but I didnt think it would have this kind of effect this quickly.

1. it won’t happen but imagine a three way swap, webber to ferrari, Massa back to Sauber, Kobayashi to red bull. It would certainly make things interesting

1. Webber at Ferrari… thats just weird.

18. The Last Pope
    26th June 2011, 15:04

Interviewer: So Sebastion why did you enjoy this race so much?

Vettel: Because I didn’t have to watch it.

1. Actually I think he was enjoying it like many of us like perfecting laps when doing racing games.

Those are the ones no one has to watch, luckily enough :-D

19. Judging from the comments, I won’t be watching the race (tape delay) Fox is showing in the US.

My morning suddenly freed up. Coffee, anyone?

1. Yes please! Almost fell asleep :P

2. The Last Pope
      26th June 2011, 15:10

Best to record the highlights and then watch them back in fast foward.

Jump to comment page: 1 2 3 4 6