Rate the race: 2011 European Grand Prix

2011 European Grand Prix

What did you think of the European Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2011 European Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (13%)
  • 2 (15%)
  • 3 (16%)
  • 4 (17%)
  • 5 (18%)
  • 6 (15%)
  • 7 (5%)
  • 8 (1%)
  • 9 (0%)
  • 10 (0%)

Total Voters: 541

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

230 comments on Rate the race: 2011 European Grand Prix

1. Martin Rasmussen (@floptickle) said on 26th June 2011, 14:59

5/10

It was never a great track and the race never really got exciting.

2. robk23 (@robk23) said on 26th June 2011, 15:00

2/10. Boring, boring, boring.

3. Soeren said on 26th June 2011, 15:02

Boring.

Can’t be bothered to put more words to it, it’s not worth it. If it’s on next year’s calendar, it’ll be the first F1 race for over a decade I’ll purposely ignore. I’ll check the points standings afterwards, because there’ll be some changes.

4. leotef (@leotef) said on 26th June 2011, 15:03

As plain as possible or, as boring as ever possibly they can… 2 out of 10 doesn’t seem too stingy.
    Also no exception to hear that weird screaming from SV though weird not hearing “THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT!”

• The Last Pope said on 26th June 2011, 15:07

I think he just has a mp3 recording that plays automaticly when he finishes the race.

5. hey (@hey) said on 26th June 2011, 15:04

I decided to take the whole 1 to 10 rating range into consideration. Average F1 races I’ve been giving a 6, but the standards gone up, so I’ve moved the scale down a bit.

2/10 +1/10 for the record number of finishers = 3/10. Valencia just doesn’t work.

6. taurus (@taurus) said on 26th June 2011, 15:04

Fell asleep. Valencia is not a challenge, its got to go.

7. Doance (@doance) said on 26th June 2011, 15:04

i always have to go through hell every sunday night i wish i was a neutral fan. webber has had 0 luck this year. nothing has gone his way.

• Doance (@doance) said on 26th June 2011, 15:08

oh btw race gets 6. it wasnt that bad. all the mclaren fans on here are just upset because their team didnt get enough tv time. it wasnt worse than any of the other races this year for me.

• Lachie (@lachie) said on 26th June 2011, 15:10

This is the first time in about 3 years I’ve started to think maybe it is better if he doesnt get another year at Red Bull.

It’s just painful time and time and time again. Even if on the rare occasions he does get a decent start, rather than battle with the guy in equal machinery, he just leads the rest of the pack…. and not by a great deal either.

I know Red Bull admitted last year they were making the car for Vettel but I didnt think it would have this kind of effect this quickly.

8. The Last Pope said on 26th June 2011, 15:04

Interviewer: So Sebastion why did you enjoy this race so much?

Vettel: Because I didn’t have to watch it.

• BasCB (@bascb) said on 26th June 2011, 15:37

Actually I think he was enjoying it like many of us like perfecting laps when doing racing games.

Those are the ones no one has to watch, luckily enough :-D

9. MVEilenstein (@mveilenstein) said on 26th June 2011, 15:05

Judging from the comments, I won’t be watching the race (tape delay) Fox is showing in the US.

My morning suddenly freed up. Coffee, anyone?

10. KaIIe (@kaiie) said on 26th June 2011, 15:08

This is the worst track on the calendar. Abu Dhabi has that nice transition from day to night to look at, what does Valencia have? Just loads of boring concrete walls.

A couple of overtaking moves, so I’d give it a 3/10. But no real excitement in the race at any stage.

11. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 26th June 2011, 15:10

Another very poor race at a dismal circuit. The few passes we saw were mainly predictable DRS fare.

12. Valencia’s a pretty but awful track. The race was ok though; it had strategies, overtakes and an interesting battle with Alonso and Hamilton. This was by far Valencia’s best race but the problem is this year we’ve been spoilt and I honestly believe if this race happened a couple of years ago it would score much higher. I gave it a 6 but I found it quite interesting in parts even if it wasn’t exciting.

• BasCB (@bascb) said on 26th June 2011, 15:40

I think it would have made the top 5 of races in 2007, 2008 and maybe even in 2010 if it had been like this. So i agree with you.

But only just up to par for 2011 as OK.

13. Mick2750 said on 26th June 2011, 15:16

An absolute bore of a race. Drop it from the calendar. I actually chose to do laundry after the second set of pit stops instead of watching this procession. Upon my return? Nothing changed. Completely shocked that Vettel could muster even a yelp of celebration at the end of it. 2/10 only because we witnessed the history of Karthikeyan being the first to finish 24th in an F1 race. Earth shattering news.

14. francois (@francois) said on 26th June 2011, 15:18

6/10. Was tempted to give it 5/10 as I seemed to lose interest around the first pit-stops but I think there was some good action in the mid-field.

I agree with others – by Valencia standards this was quite good but this was the most boring race this year. The track just strings the cars out too much – think MB said that Vettel in the lead at lap 10 was something like 20s ahead of Michael Schumacher in P12. Given that , the rules seemed to have worked quite well to produce some action at least.