2011 European GP team review
Williams brought a batch of upgrades to the European Grand Prix but removed some of them before the race.
Sam Michael said: “We carried out further aero tests on the exhaust and front wing during this morning?óÔé¼Ôäós practise session.
“After reviewing the data we decided to revert to the standard exhaust system for qualifying as we were getting inconsistent floor performance from the latest version.”
Both drivers finished out of the points.
|Rubens Barrichello||Pastor Maldonado|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’39.489 (-0.156)||1’39.645|
Williams drivers’ lap times throughout the race (in seconds):
Barrichello felt he could have made it into Q3 but for a mistake on his best lap.
He got ahead of Paul di Resta via the pit stops but lost out to the one-stopping Sergio Perez.
Maldonado tried to start the race on medium tyres but found the strategy didn’t work for him as his tyre pressures were too low: “We had a slow start so I lost positions off the line.
“I then couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót make the [medium] tyre work for me in the first stint so I had to come in early to change them. The early stop forced us onto a three stop strategy.”
2011 European Grand Prix
- 2011 European Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for your driver of the European GP weekend
- Red Bull: “Rules changed but not the result”
- Ferrari: Alonso says Red Bull up to a second faster
- McLaren: Only third-fastest in Valencia
- Mercedes: Schumacher takes blame for collision
- Toro Rosso: Alguersuari bounces back
- Sauber: Perez nearly grabs a point with one-stopper
- Renault: Boullier unhappy with single point
- Force India: Sutil cracks the top ten
Image ?é?® Williams/LAT