HRT has been taken over by Madrid-based investment company Thesan Capital.
The team confirmed Thesan has bought a majority shareholding Grupo Inversor Hispania, owner of the Spanish team, from Jose Ramon Carabante.
Thesan, which was formed in 2008, said it will continue running the team in a statement released today:
“The Spanish investment group will lead the development of Hispania Racing in the upcoming years, maintaining the current team and directors, which is one of the main assets of the company, and will try to develop and search for opportunities to optimize and improve the performance of the team in the upcoming seasons, alongside progressively making the team more Spanish and definitively settling the team in Spain.”
The team was originally set up by Adrian Campos with a view to entering F1 in 2010. But it was bought by Carabante’s Grupo Hispania and re-named before the start of the season.
2011 F1 season
- New video of Maldonado and Hamilton’s Monaco crash
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Motioncompany