2011 F1 season
Lucas di Grassi will become Pirelli’s official tyre tester and do five further tyre tests for them throughout 2011.
The tyre manufacturer also announced Di Grassi will make the first of a series of appearances at Silverstone to contribute to technical briefings and share information on the tyres.
Di Grassi, who raced for Virgin last year, said: “Pirelli has done a fantastic job so far in a very short space of time and I?óÔé¼Ôäóm looking forward to helping to make the P Zero tyres even better in the future: not just for the drivers and teams but for the spectators as well.
“This is a great opportunity for me to get more time behind the wheel of a Formula One car ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ which is difficult these days because of the current testing regulations ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ and also to use my knowledge to help make a real difference to the sport.”
2011 F1 season
- New video of Maldonado and Hamilton’s Monaco crash
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Pirelli