2011 British Grand Prix TV Times

2011 British Grand Prix

Fernando Alonso, Ferrari, Silverstone, 2010

Fernando Alonso, Ferrari, Silverstone, 2010

F1 Fanatic Live will be running during the entire British Grand Prix weekend so look out for the live page on the site during every session.

Here are the details of the BBC’s live video coverage of the British Grand Prix here in the UK:

Friday 8th July 2011

British Grand Prix Free practice 1: 8:55-10:35 (BBC Red Button and online)

British Grand Prix Free practice 2: 12:55-14:35 (BBC Red Button and online)

Saturday 9th July 2011

British Grand Prix Free practice 3: 9:55-11:05 (BBC Red Button and online)

British Grand Prix Qualifying: 12:10-14:30 (BBC1, Red Button and online)
Qualifying starts at 13:00

Sunday 10th July 2011

British Grand Prix: 12:10 -15:30 (BBC1, Red Button and online)
Race starts at 13:00

Please share details of the F1 coverage in your area below.

Find times for every F1 session this year with the F1 Fanatic Google Calendar.

Image ?? Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo

22 comments on 2011 British Grand Prix TV Times

1. Dan Selby said on 7th July 2011, 11:28

Keith, what are the changes of posting the GP2 start times, too? I know it’s not strictly F1, but I really struggle to find them anywhere :/

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 7th July 2011, 11:32

There’s little point. Eurosport show fewer and fewer of the races live (neither of them are this weekend), and they tend not to stick to their own schedule.

As a rule, the feature race is half an hour or so after F1 qualifying, and the sprint race is three or four hours before the Grand Prix.

• Fixy (@fixy) said on 7th July 2011, 14:15

Here you are: http://wp.me/p1B8lS-2p
      You can also check on the GP2 site but the GMT is wrong: it says +2 whilst it should be +0.

• Fixy (@fixy) said on 7th July 2011, 14:16

Being in Italy, I only know Italian times, and both races are always shown. I don’t know abroad, but they should broadcast them, they’re very entertaining.

• zecks said on 7th July 2011, 17:23

agreed, surely BBC would get better value for their money if they show the other races at the same event (possibly on the redbutton service)? ITV4 does this with touring cars and it was brilliant last time at croft.

• Noelinho (@noelinho) said on 9th July 2011, 0:04

On paper, it might look better value, but in reality, it would push costs up and BBC audience share would go down. Less people would watch GP2 than watch BBC already at the times GP2 would be shown.

2. Dan Selby said on 7th July 2011, 11:28

*chances, even

3. topdowntoedown (@topdowntoedown) said on 7th July 2011, 13:31

Might it be possible to find the times that Classic F1 will be on? I always seem to miss it and they don’t put it on iPlayer. :(

• f1alex said on 7th July 2011, 14:03

They have them on the BBC website. :)

Short highlights of Canada 2007, Japan 2007, Monaco 2008, Great Britain 2008, China 2011 and extended highlights of the 2010 British Grand Prix will be broadcast on satellite and cable from 1500 BST on Wednesday 6 July until 1830 BST on Friday 8 July. They will be broadcast on Freeview from 1040 BST until 1240 BST on Friday 8 July.

4. Tiomkin said on 7th July 2011, 16:13

Keith you have the wrong flag at the top of the page. It should be the Union Jack for Silverstone, not the Euro one.

5. Haverhill Exile said on 7th July 2011, 16:50

Keith- You have 9am for P1 quoted here but 10am on your grand prix programme post?

6. damonsmedley (@damonsmedley) said on 7th July 2011, 17:52

I love the European season. Every race starts at 10pm for us Australians, which means everyone is in bed (with work/school on Monday) and I get the house to myself to watch F1 undisturbed. I tend to enjoy these races more than the flyaways, which are often on in the middle of the day when people are up and about.

And off-topic; I absolutely love the picture next to the headline. Can’t believe I didn’t see that last year. :)

• AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 9th July 2011, 8:01

I must say that the Canadian GP this year was a treat for us in Europe. Watching live F1 so late was quite spectacular and kind of comforting and gave me a warm fuzzy feeling :D

7. MVEilenstein said on 9th July 2011, 20:13

I believe FOX is showing a ridiculous tape-delay for us Yankees. Not sure what time.