Teams acquainted themselves with Silverstone’s brand new and rather unusual pit and paddock ahead of the race weekend.
Among its distinctive features are a sloped pit wall with a triangular grass verge separating the pit lane from the wall.
Drivers were kept busy with the usual mix of sponsor functions and press conferences. McLaren and Ferrari headed to London for press events but Felipe Massa will have been grateful his was indoors as it poured with rain (see below for video of the event).
Back at the track Paul di Resta showed his cousin and fellow racing driver Marino Franchitti his Force India F1 car and Red Bull welcomed cricketer Andrew Flintoff to the paddock.
Here are pictures from the build-up to the British Grand Prix.
- Renault’s F1 cars and liveries in pictures, 1977-2016
- Maldonado’s F1 career in pictures
- Pirelli wet tyre test day one in pictures
- Verstappen takes to the ski slopes in a Red Bull RB7
- Start shots special: Former F1 tracks
- Mercedes’ DTM drivers upstage Hamilton and Rosberg at Stars and Cars
- 2015 F1 season in pictures
- Alonso samples 1991 McLaren and Moto GP bike at Honda Thanks Day
- Top ten pictures from the 2015 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Yas Marina Pirelli tyre test in pictures
Images ?é?® Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Renault/LAT, McLaren, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India F1 Team, Pirelli