Teams acquainted themselves with Silverstone’s brand new and rather unusual pit and paddock ahead of the race weekend.
Among its distinctive features are a sloped pit wall with a triangular grass verge separating the pit lane from the wall.
Drivers were kept busy with the usual mix of sponsor functions and press conferences. McLaren and Ferrari headed to London for press events but Felipe Massa will have been grateful his was indoors as it poured with rain (see below for video of the event).
Back at the track Paul di Resta showed his cousin and fellow racing driver Marino Franchitti his Force India F1 car and Red Bull welcomed cricketer Andrew Flintoff to the paddock.
Here are pictures from the build-up to the British Grand Prix.
- 2015 British Grand Prix qualifying in pictures
- 2015 British Grand Prix practice in pictures
- 2015 British Grand Prix build-up in pictures
- Start shots: British Grand Prix
- Goodwood Festival 2015: F1 cars of the 2000s
- Goodwood Festival 2015: Nineties F1 cars
- Goodwood Festival 2015: Eighties F1 cars
- Goodwood Festival 2015: Highlights from the hill
- Goodwood Festival 2015: Cars from F1’s first 30 years
- Minardi M189: Heroic minnows’ only race-leading car
Images ?é?® Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Renault/LAT, McLaren, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India F1 Team, Pirelli
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others