Teams acquainted themselves with Silverstone’s brand new and rather unusual pit and paddock ahead of the race weekend.
Among its distinctive features are a sloped pit wall with a triangular grass verge separating the pit lane from the wall.
Drivers were kept busy with the usual mix of sponsor functions and press conferences. McLaren and Ferrari headed to London for press events but Felipe Massa will have been grateful his was indoors as it poured with rain (see below for video of the event).
Back at the track Paul di Resta showed his cousin and fellow racing driver Marino Franchitti his Force India F1 car and Red Bull welcomed cricketer Andrew Flintoff to the paddock.
Here are pictures from the build-up to the British Grand Prix.
- Top ten pictures from the 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in pictures
- 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix qualifying in pictures
- 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix practice in pictures
- 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix build-up in pictures
- Top ten pictures from the 2014 Brazilian Grand Prix
- 2014 Brazilian Grand Prix in pictures
- 2014 Brazilian Grand Prix qualifying in pictures
- 2014 Brazilian Grand Prix practice in pictures
- 2014 Brazilian Grand Prix build-up in pictures
Images ?é?® Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Renault/LAT, McLaren, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India F1 Team, Pirelli