Teams acquainted themselves with Silverstone’s brand new and rather unusual pit and paddock ahead of the race weekend.
Among its distinctive features are a sloped pit wall with a triangular grass verge separating the pit lane from the wall.
Drivers were kept busy with the usual mix of sponsor functions and press conferences. McLaren and Ferrari headed to London for press events but Felipe Massa will have been grateful his was indoors as it poured with rain (see below for video of the event).
Back at the track Paul di Resta showed his cousin and fellow racing driver Marino Franchitti his Force India F1 car and Red Bull welcomed cricketer Andrew Flintoff to the paddock.
Here are pictures from the build-up to the British Grand Prix.
- First pictures and video: Ferrari SF-15T revealed
- First pictures: Sauber C34 revealed
- First pictures and video: McLaren MP4-30 revealed
- 50 years of Honda F1 cars in pictures
- New nose rules a headache for designers – Williams
- Hamilton’s second championship victory in pictures
- Fernando Alonso: The Ferrari years in pictures
- Hulkenberg tests Porsche 919 at Aragon
- Sebastian Vettel: The Red Bull era in pictures
- The 2014 F1 season pictures in over 100 pictures
Images ?é?® Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Renault/LAT, McLaren, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India F1 Team, Pirelli