Daniel Ricciardo started and finished his first race in last place.
|Daniel Ricciardo||Vitantonio Liuzzi|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’38.059 (+0.575)||1’37.484|
HRT drivers’ lap times throughout the race (in seconds):
Ricciardo played down any disappointment at qualifying last on his F1 debut: “My first qualifying session was alright but it was a bit frustrating with the weather, we couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót do two runs so we were just limited to one but it was OK.
“I would like to be a little bit closer to the rest of the field but I can?óÔé¼Ôäót try to expect too much for now, it?óÔé¼Ôäós a big learning curve.
“I?óÔé¼Ôäóm half a second off Tonio which isn?óÔé¼Ôäót much but for a racing car driver it is quite a lot, I want more but I shouldn?óÔé¼Ôäót really expect too much at this stage, if I can keep closing the gap then it?óÔé¼Ôäós OK.
“The F111 is actually quite good, with the option tyres the level of grip has surprised me, that?óÔé¼Ôäós one part that will come from experience; knowing how far I can push it. In high speed corners I can still race at my speed.”
Ricciardo finished the race 88 seconds behind his team mate – similar to the 95 seconds in arrears Narain Karthikeyan was at the last round.
“I was quite a bit off the other competitors but I think that, as I learn, I will get a bit closer,” he said.
“I also need to try and manage the blue flags a bit better, it?óÔé¼Ôäós not easy. At the end, looking at it now, I?óÔé¼Ôäóm quite pleased with the result.”
Liuzzi started alongside his team mate on the last row and managed to get ahead of Jarno Trulli for one lap.
He caught Jerome d’Ambrosio in the final laps but wasn’t able to pass the Virgin before the finish.
2011 British Grand Prix
- 2011 British Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for your British Grand Prix driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Webber made a number two driver again
- Ferrari back on form after poor start to 2011
- McLaren: Fuel and pit errors add to problems
- Renault: Heidfeld salvages points from poor weekend
- Mercedes pass Renault in the championship
- Force India squander points chance
- Sauber: Perez claims best-ever result
- Toro Rosso: Alguersuari battles Buemi for point
Image ?é?® Motioncompany