2011 British GP team review
With Lotus hitting trouble, Virgin had a chance to capitalise in the British Grand Prix.
But ultimately they needed a few more retirements to improve their championship position.
Ahead of the next race Virgin will perform an aero test at RAF Cottesmore in Rutland.
|Timo Glock||Jerome D’Ambrosio|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’36.203 (-0.951)||1’37.154|
Virgin drivers’ lap times throughout the race (in seconds):
Glock took advantage of the mixed conditions to out-qualify Jarno Trulli, taking 20th on the grid.
He stayed in front of Trulli at the start and the Lotus driver wasn’t able to pass him before retiring.
The team ran Glock on a two-stop strategy, to reduce the amount of time lost to blue flags, and he brought the car home in 16th.
Lost a place to Vitantonio Liuzzi at the start but passed the HRT driver on lap 18.
Towards the end of the race he struggled with wear on his front-left tyre, but stayed ahead of Liuzzi despite several laps of pressure.
2011 British Grand Prix
- 2011 British Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for your British Grand Prix driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Webber made a number two driver again
- Ferrari back on form after poor start to 2011
- McLaren: Fuel and pit errors add to problems
- Renault: Heidfeld salvages points from poor weekend
- Mercedes pass Renault in the championship
- Force India squander points chance
- Sauber: Perez claims best-ever result
- Toro Rosso: Alguersuari battles Buemi for point
Image ?é?® Virgin Racing
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others