Sergio Perez will drive Ferrari’s 2009 F1 car in a test in September.
Perez will best tested alongside fellow Ferrari Development Academy member Jules Bianchi, the team confirmed.
Bianchi is driving his second season in GP2. He scored his first win in the category last weekend, and is now seventh in the drivers’ championship.
He has previously driven for Ferrari in the young drivers’ tests.
FDA director Luca Baldisseri said: “We will be back on track in September, at Mugello or Fiorano.
“It will be a very interesting test, because we will be putting Jules Bianchi and Sergio Perez up against one another.
“I think they will both be very motivated and for us it will be the perfect opportunity to assess both drivers.”
2011 F1 season
- New video of Maldonado and Hamilton’s Monaco crash
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Sauber F1 Team