Sebastien Buemi will start the German Grand Prix from the back of the grid after his car failed a technical check.
His Toro Rosso fell foul of article 19.8.3 of the technical regulations, which governs the testing of fuel samples.
A statement released by the team said: “During Friday?óÔé¼Ôäós FP1, Buemi?óÔé¼Ôäós car had a fuel pressure problem, which then got worse at the start of FP2 which is why he did not do a timed lap in that session.
“After FP2 the entire fuel system on his car was changed. When the fuel sample was taken from his car after qualifying, it did not match the one provided to the FIA prior to the start of the season.
“The team believes that some part of the new fuel system contained a chemical that contaminated the fuel and caused the non-conformity.”
Buemi had originally qualified 16th. See here for the revised grid: 2011 German Grand Prix grid
2011 German Grand Prix
- Rate the race result: 2011 German Grand Prix
- 2011 German Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for your German GP driver of the weekend
- McLaren: Surprise win in Germany for Hamilton
- Red Bull: McLaren and Ferrari ahead in Germany
- Ferrari: Alonso beats Red Bulls despite cool weather
- Mercedes: Three-stopper costs Rosberg a place
- Force India: Sutil helps team overtake Toro Rosso
- Renault: Petrov dissatisfied with strategy
- Sauber: Kobayashi out in Q1 but claims points
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images