2011 German Grand Prix in pictures

F1 pictures

Pictures from the German Grand Prix at the Nurburgring.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?é?® Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Renault/LAT, Williams/LAT, McLaren, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India F1 Team, Sauber F1 Team, Team Lotus, Virgin Racing, Motioncompany, Pirelli

25 comments on 2011 German Grand Prix in pictures

1. Keith on row 11 on the right the picture is labelled Massa and Webber but it’s actually Alonso.

Love the pictures and I’m so glad you posted one of Alonso getting a ride!

2. james_mc said on 24th July 2011, 19:10

Just noticed – Hamilton had “regular” overalls on rather than the special race-by-race designed ones. Anyone know why? I’m pretty sure they raced in the special ones in China and elsewhere?

3. gwenouille (@gwenouille) said on 24th July 2011, 20:42

I was hoping for a close-up picture of airborne Heidfeld !
    There’s been a very nice-looking slo-mo replay on TV.

4. shadow13 (@shadow13) said on 24th July 2011, 21:29

I’ve never looked at these pictures articles but they’re amazing. Great pictures Keith.

5. Lex said on 24th July 2011, 21:35

limited space in the cockpit as it is, did Alonso’s leg interfer with the turning of the steering wheel? and it also looks like his leg was pushing against Webber’s helmet.

6. Lex said on 24th July 2011, 21:36

interfere*

7. ScuderiaVincero (@scuderiavincero) said on 24th July 2011, 23:19

First thoughts when I saw Alonso in Webber’s car: Senna and Mansell :)

• Pink Peril said on 25th July 2011, 7:01

Same here. Also reminded me a bit of Hamilton pushing his car back to the pits at Montreal last year. I like it when F1 shows its sense of humour.

8. carldec said on 25th July 2011, 0:49

Well here in the states we have to watch 4 races on the Fox channel… and they completely missed Alonso’s ride with Webber.

They also missed the grid walk, full podium and all the interviews except an abbreviated bit with Hamilton.

And then there are the commercials. Tons of them…

Thank god the next race is back on speed.

Great set of pictures! Keep it up Keith. This is the best F1 web site in the world.

9. UKfanatic (@) said on 25th July 2011, 2:40

Hamilton may have got the victory, but Alonso got to ride an Redbull.

10. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 25th July 2011, 23:34

Plenty of good images. I love Vettel’s face here, determination perhaps?

11. daykind said on 26th July 2011, 16:24

Usually I’d pick out my favourite 4/5, but these are all briliant!