Rate the race: 2011 Hungarian Grand Prix

2011 Hungarian Grand Prix

What did you think of the Hungarian Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2011 Hungarian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (0%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (0%)
  • 5 (0%)
  • 6 (2%)
  • 7 (13%)
  • 8 (37%)
  • 9 (34%)
  • 10 (14%)

Total Voters: 483

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

191 comments on Rate the race: 2011 Hungarian Grand Prix

1. SamS (@sams) said on 31st July 2011, 15:28

Great race, granted I am a JB fan so really happy, but what a great race slick at the start then throwing in some more rain and just a WOW race!! Well done Hungary!

2. UKfanatic (@) said on 31st July 2011, 15:30

Unfair outcome, unlucky. 7/10 for me, Vettel has the luck of champions his smile says it all, everything is going his way, Lewis drove well still in my opinion too crazy, Ferraris is jittering, strange performance today.Exiciting races boring championship, the opposite of last season but exactly the same as 2009, Vettel wins alot of races in the start of the season but he is now sabbatical, not that matters much cause he know has the biggest lead on the champ.

3. Err gusto said on 31st July 2011, 15:33

If only DIR hadn`t overeacted.

For your consideration.

• Ral (@ral) said on 31st July 2011, 21:44

I’m not quite sure what your point is. It’s really difficult to see from that angle what’s going on, but it looks like Massa pulls off the track out of the way of the on-coming cars before turning his car around. Which is exactly what Hamilton should have done, as there was run-off right in front of him.

• kired35 said on 31st July 2011, 22:37

the difference is that massa actually waits to assess the situation, gets his car off the racing line, and spins it around as safely as possible. Lewis only cared about saving time, and came shockingly close to BAR as well as DIR. I was still hoping he’d get away with it because I wanted him to beat vettel, but it was a fair call.

4. smifaye (@smifaye) said on 31st July 2011, 15:34

Great race. Action throughout the field and lots of overtakes. Changeable conditions

5. Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 31st July 2011, 15:40

I don’t believe in this “I’ll rate it lower because the 2011 standard is much better than before.’ A race is a race, how are we meant to compare seasons properly if we all “weight” our scores according to the season?

I originally voted a 9 out of bitterness from how the race turned out and I didn’t want to be biased. But even 2 years ago we would have killed for this, so I’m not that unhappy at what I gave it after all.

• damonsmedley (@damonsmedley) said on 31st July 2011, 15:56

It was another classic, but I wouldn’t put it up there on par with Canada and China, which I believe I gave 9s. I gave it a 7 not because I’m taking into consideration the fact that 2011 races are on average, much better than in previous seasons, but because it had a bit of a dull section in the middle.

And despite Jenson’s win, I’m not overly happy. I think it might be because Vettel keeps extending his lead.

• flowerdew (@flowerdew) said on 31st July 2011, 16:09

My rating system is a complete wreck; I try to look back at the race and and mark it down for things I would have changed — so Montreal, which is probably my favorite, I rated absurdly low (marked down for SC start, for all the laps I found myself cursing at the SC to please get off the road, for the hyperextended stoppage). But it was such a great race! Then Silverstone by my own system too high — I should have docked it for the 10 sec stop/go (maybe 5 sec would have been better?). Now I’m just staring at the poll helplessly. I might as well just close my eyes and toss a dart at it for all I know what to do anymore.

6. Gave it a 6. I wanted to see Button, Hamilton and Vettel scrapping at the end and it turned into a bit of a damp squib because of the change to inters and Vettel settling for second.

In future in changeable conditions when Hamilton’s race engineer comes on the radio and asks him what he wants to do regarding tires, if I were Lewis I would ask them to get onto Jenson and ask what he thinks and then follow his lead.

Hamilton is the quicker man but Button has a gift when the conditions are like today, that’s four wins in changeable conditions for Mclaren, plus Hungary ’06 and Malaysia ’09 in tough weather conditions. Shame he’s not going as consistent in the dry.

Hamilton did very well in his interview, he must be inwardly fuming but seems to have learned from Monaco. Not going onto hard tires with Button, Vettel and Webber, and then his own error in the spin cost Hamilton an excellent chance of winning.

7. baldgye (@baldgye) said on 31st July 2011, 15:43

7/10

Was a good start but slowed down towards the middle… had the rain been heavier or lasted longer it could have been very diffrent. But good non the less.

8. Trenthamfolk (@trenthamfolk) said on 31st July 2011, 15:56

Thrilling race, great win from Button, disappointed for Hammy, but his turn-around was reckless – the red mist descended once again – for all his aggressive brilliance, he needs to learn a trick or two from Button. Alonso got third cos Massa moved out of the way for him: I hate team orders. Massa must feel like siht. I’m glad the RB’s have had the game brought to them. It’s starting to remind me of the 2009 Brawn season…

• Rob2 said on 31st July 2011, 16:38

Were we watching the same race? Massa was told to move over? Oh please… Alonso had DRS and overtook. It may have looked easy, but if you compare it to the other overtakes on the straight you will see they were all very similar to the Alonso/Massa one.

• Trenthamfolk (@trenthamfolk) said on 31st July 2011, 21:19

Yes Rob, we were, and we all know how Ferrari work: Even you.

Mark Blundell commented at the time… “that pass was far too easy… did you see Massa fighting for position? No…”. I rest my case. Fernando messes up, but he doesn’t need to worry cos his team mate (who out qualified him incidentally) simply moves over. Alonso had DRS, yes, but he also had Ferrari!

“Fernando is faster than you…”

Mud sticks.

9. jay said on 31st July 2011, 15:58

1st. 10 laps wow…Nick’s Blowout,was that the Kres battery?…JB wins his 200th…sweet

10. bearforce1 said on 31st July 2011, 16:08

10. I was tossing up between a 9 & 10. Have it a 10 cause JB won it. He is such a nice chap.

Really interesting to watch the cars and the drivers driving in the tricky conditions.

11. taurus (@taurus) said on 31st July 2011, 16:20

9/10. FOM director needs shooting. Stewards over the top with Lewis again.

• Alexander (@al3xander) said on 31st July 2011, 16:24

8/10 for the whole race
      no mention of massa on bbc forum
      massa had a good comeback from that spin near the start and he overtook loads of people he should have got credit

12. Abuelo Paul (@abuello-paul) said on 31st July 2011, 16:24

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the whole race, HD pics from La Sexta, audio from BBC stream. Entertainment from 18 out of 20 drivers. more pitstops than ever before, loads of passing, several ooooohs and ahhhhs,
    In Fact: Motor Racing. Not a 2 hour parade, or a strategic victory. Actual racing and passing.
    Well done. To everyone.

13. gwenouille (@gwenouille) said on 31st July 2011, 16:25

8. That’s very nice for this little hungaroring !

I love the first 15 laps, and the hectic in the middle. The last 10 laps were a bit disappointing…

I KNEW Hamilton would get a penalty the moment i saw that spin he did. Just in the middle of the track in front of other cars… Just engage your brain a tiny bit more Lewis, and you’ll be champion again !

14. VXR said on 31st July 2011, 16:27

Hamilton gets penalty for forcing another car off the track. Read the rules. Great race overall. Vettel extends lead and Button wins.

15. dirgegirl (@dirgegirl) said on 31st July 2011, 16:27

9/10 for a great race. 10/10 for JB wininng his 200th. 10/10 to the UK fans on the red button shouting “We don’t want Sky!” 0/10 to the BBC team at the start of the coverage trotting out a canned apologia for the Sky deal (“it’s a good deal for the license fee payer blah blah financial crisis blah”).