Rate the race: 2011 Hungarian Grand Prix

2011 Hungarian Grand Prix

What did you think of the Hungarian Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2011 Hungarian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (0%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (0%)
  • 5 (0%)
  • 6 (2%)
  • 7 (13%)
  • 8 (37%)
  • 9 (34%)
  • 10 (14%)

Total Voters: 483

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

191 comments on Rate the race: 2011 Hungarian Grand Prix

1. JamieFranklinF1 (@jamiefranklinf1) said on 31st July 2011, 19:32

9/10 for me. It was an exciting race with lots of great strategy, suspense and some good racing too. Plus a fantastic result for Jenson on his 200th GP.

I may sound a little Button fanatical, but I don’t think I have seen a Jenson Button victory that wasn’t an exciting race. They’re not always the best races of the season, I know, but they’re never boring in my opinion, and that’s not just because he’s my favourite driver. It’s always just a genuinely decent race when he wins.

2. 91jb12 (@91jb12) said on 31st July 2011, 20:52

8/10 Good battles at the top, bit of drama (D’ambrosio spin, Heidfeld car fire, mid race rain) and a variety of strategies plus something to talk about (Hamiltons penalty)
    For me, would’ve got 9 if Seb won but even for the neutrals, it was another very good race

3. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 31st July 2011, 21:19

8/10 from me. A good race. I really can’t see anything out doing Canada (which I gave a 10/10)!

A deserved winner, but that could have been true of anyone who occupied the top spot. Everyone worked hard today, kept their heads down, apologised where apologies were needed and raced well.

4. swh1386 (@swh1386) said on 31st July 2011, 21:30

i wish the bbc would stop describing every race as a ‘thriller’. it wasn’t! drivers daren’t try bold overtakes for fear of being penalised and the (relatively) bulletproof reliability means there’s very little drama in f1 these days. one of the better races of 2011 so far, 6/10

• d3v0 (@d3v0) said on 31st July 2011, 21:41

prototypical debbie downer, but everyone’s entitled to their opinion.

Next time, try not to sleep through half the Grand Prix before saying “drivers daren’t try bold overtakes” because there were plenty, especially in changing conditions.

• dirgegirl (@dirgegirl) said on 31st July 2011, 21:46

So unreliability begets drama? Interesting idea. I think I’d rather the masses of overtaking we see these days through “artifical” means like tyres and DRS than through engines blowing up at key moments…

5. d3v0 (@d3v0) said on 31st July 2011, 21:39

Good race, bitter result for Lewis, but as they say here in the US: “thayt’s rayc’n.”

I gave it an 8/10, definitely was a great mix up for the first few laps, then through each phase there were some great bits of excitement. Strategy played a larger role than in most races, but here with the spitting rain thats to be expected.

I seriously cannot wait for SPA. Watching the 24 hours sports car racing over the next few weeks (who has time to sit and watch the full coverage) and as an unashamed McLaren/Hamilton fan, looking forward to another good result in Belgium.

6. wigster (@wigster) said on 31st July 2011, 23:07

7/10 for me.

It was nice to see a start in moist / wet conditions not behind the safety car, and there was plenty of action in the first few laps till the cars got all got going on slicks. Then it went relatively quiet until it started raining and the cars started sliding and we seen a few different strategy calls that had the conditions changed in a different way may have worked.

Unfortunately throughout I had the feeling that all the good action was only because of the rain effect and even though Vettel had a poor race by his standard he still ended up 2nd.

7. Dizzy82 (@dizzy82) said on 31st July 2011, 23:19

c’mon, if he would stop and did not do that manoeuvre, what would be different? Di Resta would jump over him? Di Resta would still have to bypass him on grass … and the two followers, I think one of them was Lotus, I think he would hit him …

so …

8. TommyC said on 1st August 2011, 2:44

Was anyone else as amazed by the Mercedes’ starts as I was? Pity they couldn’t make the most of it with some decent race pace. I think this was a classic case of rain as the great equaliser. It didn’t seem as if any particular car or driver was dominant on pace (all through i guess we’ll find out for sure later on when Keith publishes the race stats). Rather, it was a matter of keeping the car on the island during the early phase and again when the rain shower came down later on. Then it was really decided by who had the preverbial balls to stay out on slicks. Supreme driving skill and confidence the deciding factor. This is why i love formula one.

9. wasiF1 (@wasif1) said on 1st August 2011, 2:54

7 from me.It was a good race. Some explosive action.But I feel sorry for Lewis,OK he made a mistake in the wet but the way he joined the track was very bad indeed.

10. Luchiano said on 1st August 2011, 3:09

An 8. Good race.
    Rain was a great equalizer. It was a pity that Alonso lost his car 2 or 3 times it the beginning. I wanted to see a good fight between VET, HAM, ALO, BUT and WEB.
    It was interesting to see HAM on a great race loosing it at the end. Alonso…hombre, chill out! He was really ******….(with himself I suppose)
    Congrats to Button.

11. Kenny (@kenny) said on 1st August 2011, 9:13

Any race that Jenson wins is a 10 in my book.

A “disinterested” rating? 8…some good bits and some sleeper bits, and a fair amount of good passing moves.

12. stewy33 (@stewy33) said on 1st August 2011, 22:22

I gave it an 8/10 just because Nick knows how to literally go down in flames at Renault!

13. Copersucar (@copersucar) said on 2nd August 2011, 1:08

1. A McL won. The obnoxious one wasn’t blackflagged when it obviously should have been. And, worst of all, the abhorrent Ron Dennis showed up without previous warning.

14. I gave it an 8. Can anyone deny that it was an exciting race? No one knew until the flag dropped at the end who would win. At half distance how many of you thought Lewis would win? I know I did! Not as good as Germany or China though, in my opinion.

15. FullSpe3d (@dryyoshi) said on 3rd August 2011, 2:54

I didn’t watch the race live, as I was on hols. Better than the Nurb GP, which I believe was overrated because of Hamilton. 8/10