2011 F1 season
Force India team principal Vijay Mallya said the team’s recent performance has been “quite remarkable, and quite satisfying”.
Mallya said: “We had a slow start to the season, because I think the first few flyaway races were just an extension of our development programme.
“But once we got going from the European season onwards, particularly from Monaco, we?óÔé¼Ôäóve improved almost every race.
“These last few races, where we have qualified in Q3, say it all. To be in the top ten in such a fiercely competitive field is quite remarkable, and quite satisfying.”
Mallya described Di Resta’s career-best finish in Hungary as “A great booster for his confidence, obviously.
“He?óÔé¼Ôäós been seeing Adrian score points while he?óÔé¼Ôäós been having a bit of bad luck. As team principal I want to see both cars come in the points.”
Force India took a shock pole position at the next venue on the calendar – Spa-Francorchamps – in 2009. Mallya said this year’s car has more well-rounded performance than the VJM02: “It was an absolutely fantastic moment to see the car in pole position in 2009 and Giancarlo Fisichella on the podium.
“But that car could only go very fast in a straight line, and pretty much didn?óÔé¼Ôäót do very much else! Now it?óÔé¼Ôäós doing everything that?óÔé¼Ôäós asked of it, irrespective of the track. I think that?óÔé¼Ôäós a better position to be in.
“The car is going to be quick, I think. If you look at the sector maximum speeds in the race in Hungary, in sector one Adrian was the quickest, and in sector three, Paul was the quickest. So this car has pace.
“But it also has good downforce to handle the corners as well. I?óÔé¼Ôäóll be looking forward to Spa, and hopefully a strong showing.”
2011 F1 season
- New video of Maldonado and Hamilton’s Monaco crash
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Force India F1 Team
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others