Test your F1 knowledge with F1 Fanatic Quizzes

F1 Fanatic Quiz

F1 Fanatic Quizzes

F1 Fanatic Quizzes is a new feature launched today on F1 Fanatic.

Is your F1 knowledge a match for the other F1 Fanatics? Now you can find out.

F1 Fanatic’s all-new quiz pages will offer quizzes on a range of F1 topics and allow you to compare your scores with the rest of the F1 Fanatic community.

Answer 20 questions against the clock to test your Formula 1 expertise.

The quizzes use a mix of multiple choice and free text input, with an auto-correct function to ensure answers are typed in correctly.

The first two quizzes are already available for you to take. Before jumping in, take a moment to familiarise yourself with how the quizzes work to make sure you enter your answers correctly and get the best score possible:

Once you’ve done that, pit your wits against the first two quizzes available:

You can compare your score against other F1 Fanatics after taking the quiz. At present it’s not possible to check your answers to see which questions you got right or wrong, but that is among the future developments being considered.

If you don’t already have one, you will need an F1 Fanatic account to participate in the quizzes. Details on how to get one can be found here:

More new quizzes will be added next week. An overall leaderboard will also be produced to show who’s the leading quiz-master!

You can find all the quizzes and related resources in the Community menu.

F1 Fanatic Quizzes thanks

Big thanks to Adel Zairi and his team at Citrus Marketing for developing the code for the quizzes.

Thanks also to Sam White, Alex Odell and Greg Morland for help with testing and to Alianora la Canta for fact-checking.

The quizzes have been tested across a range of desktop and mobile browsers. If you notice a technical problem, please follow these instructions on how to bring it to our attention:

Please share any other feedback on the quizzes below including whether the difficulty level is pitched right and whether the time limit is the right length.

83 comments on Test your F1 knowledge with F1 Fanatic Quizzes

1 2 3
  1. Dan Thorn (@dan-thorn) said on 5th August 2011, 17:25

Just as I’m going away for a week…You’re cruel Keith!

Look forward to doing these, great stuff!

• matt90 (@matt90) said on 6th August 2011, 0:16

They are brilliant, but if they were to be improved over time one thing I would say is it would be nice to see which answers you got wrong. They are a great addition. Made me realise how poor my F1 knowledge is though, when I thought it was so good.

2. Looks fantastic! Gunna start one now :D

3. Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 5th August 2011, 17:31

This is a fantastic idea!

• Fixy (@fixy) said on 5th August 2011, 17:47

It surely is! I’ll try them better next week, now it takes too much to load because I have a slow connection.

• timi said on 5th August 2011, 18:05

Really awesome idea Keith. Something to keep us petrolheads occupied over the summer break. perfect timing

• BasCB (@bascb) said on 6th August 2011, 21:25

Completely agree. And having it ready for the mid season holidays is an epic feat!

Thanks Keith, great job by Adel and his team as well as a thank you to Sam, Alex and Greg for being the testers. And lovely work from Alianora la Canta as well.

Love it.

4. gavkiwi (@gavkiwi) said on 5th August 2011, 17:46

Some of the questions were very tough, but fun all the same. Thx Keith

5. Fer no.65 (@fer-no65) said on 5th August 2011, 17:55

:D! Cool feature!!!! :D

6. Fer no.65 (@fer-no65) said on 5th August 2011, 17:57

Typo: It says “2011 Quiz” but apparently it’s a 2010 quiz.

7. geo132 (@geo132) said on 5th August 2011, 17:58

Typo in this article:

Once you’ve done that, pit your wits against the first two quizzes available:

2011 F1 season quiz

Isn’t it 2010? :)

8. damonsmedley (@damonsmedley) said on 5th August 2011, 18:00

I really enjoyed those! I scored 19/20 in the 2010 quiz, and 15/20 in the Alonso one.

I wonder who will be the first to score 20…

9. Slr (@slr) said on 5th August 2011, 18:02

Haha yeah, leading the Alonso quiz… For now.

10. Ciaran (@walsh-f1) said on 5th August 2011, 18:04

20/20. Got every one of the right. Fantastic!

11. damonsmedley (@damonsmedley) said on 5th August 2011, 18:06

Is it possible to make it so players can only take the quiz once? Because I think it would be better if your original score only showed up. :)

12. Lin1876 (@lin1876) said on 5th August 2011, 18:06

These are epic. Thanks a lot, can’t wait to see what else you come up with.

13. f1alex (@f1alex) said on 5th August 2011, 18:21

Brilliant feature Keith! I always missed those quizzes you used to do before each weekend, so thanks! :)

14. JamieFranklinF1 (@jamiefranklinf1) said on 5th August 2011, 18:27

Not as good as I thought :P the timer makes it harder, especially with my browser nto being able to see it lol.

I can’t wait to see what ones I got right and wrong.

15. Atticus (@atticus-2) said on 5th August 2011, 18:40

I would love an historic quiz, I’m better in it than in the modern era.

I’m going to prepare for these two. :D

1 2 3