Felipe Massa hinted at a future in touring cars after his F1 career following an appearance in the Trofeo Linea championship yesterday.
Massa drove a Fiat Linea in two practice sessions at Interlagos, improving his time from 1’54.929 in the morning to 1’53.888 in the afternoon. That left him sixth-fastest, 0.8s slower than current championship leader Caca Bueno.
Massa said: “I had a lot of fun today. It?óÔé¼Ôäós been ten years since I last drove a Touring car, dating back to 2001 when I raced an Alfa Romeo 155, so I thought I might struggle a bit, so sixth best time in the second session is not that bad.
“I could have been quicker but I hit the chicane when I went out on new tyres, which damaged the front suspension, so the steering felt very heavy.
“I have to say the Trofeo Linea is very interesting to drive: it?óÔé¼Ôäós stable and the sequential change works very well.
“This sort of racing could definitely be an option when the day comes that I decide to leave Formula 1.”
2011 F1 season
- New video of Maldonado and Hamilton’s Monaco crash
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo