2011 Belgian Grand Prix practice in pictures

F1 pictures

A typically rainy Spa-Francorchamps may be hard work for the drivers but it certainly produces some spectacular photographs.

Michael Schumacher marked the 20th anniversary of his first F1 start with a special gold helmet.

Here are pictures from practice at Spa.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?? Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Renault/LAT, Williams/LAT, McLaren, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India F1 Team, Sauber F1 Team, Team Lotus, Virgin Racing, Motioncompany, Pirelli

22 comments on 2011 Belgian Grand Prix practice in pictures

1. UgandanDiscussions said on 26th August 2011, 17:26

Was Lewis Hamilton too quick for the photographer today? Just saying.

2. I just noticed now that Felipe changed a bit the design of his helmet, but it happened befe this season.

Barcelona

Spa

3. DaveF1 (@davef1) said on 26th August 2011, 18:19

The dark picture down of Alguersuari is brilliant. I love photos in the wet, especially with all the spray coming off the cars, its just awesome to look at.

4. Ferrari is running a bigger rear wing compared to others. Is that why they are quick in S2 and S3 and slow in S1 ?

5. Wats with Williams rear wing. it looks massive

• James_mc (@james_mc) said on 26th August 2011, 19:57

Interesting, not seen the “W” shaped rear wing since last year’s Renault. I wonder why it never really caught on amongst other teams. I think it was problematic to have the W-wing and the F-duct on last year’s Renault, but I was surprised not to see it more commonly used.

6. MagillaGorilla said on 26th August 2011, 19:52

Did anyone else notice the Team Loftus on the side of the Team Lotus Caterams

7. Indranil Dudhane (@indranildudhane) said on 26th August 2011, 21:00

Some more pictures of Schumacher please!

8. ukk (@ukk) said on 26th August 2011, 21:36

Hey, did you notice the side of Trulli’s car?
    It says:

– Team LoFtus –

Any idea why?

9. SoLiDG (@solidg) said on 26th August 2011, 22:31

I had a special surprise today. Last night on twitter D’ambrosio gave away 2x2paddock passes for friday who could answer a Q and I won :D
    So i been in the paddock club today. It was awesome.

I also made many pictures of the action…

If it’s not ok to put the link here just delete it Keith!
    If you want to use some pictures for F1F feel free to do so!
    There are some nice ones if I may say so myself :)
    (also not much Hamilton and I’m a fan.. he wasn’t out that much :) )

10. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 26th August 2011, 23:55

I like Schumacher’s helmet! It doesn’t suit his car so well as the red but it’s certainly very nice.

11. RumFRESH (@rumfresh) said on 27th August 2011, 5:02

That first shot of Kamui Kobayashi’s Sauber is brilliant. Love those rooster tails coming out the back there.

12. Fixy (@fixy) said on 28th August 2011, 20:08