2012 F1 season
Red Bull has announced Mark Webber will remain with the team for 2012.
Webber, who has driven for the team since 2007, signed a one-year contract extension.
He said: “I want to continue racing at the top in Formula 1 so it?óÔé¼Ôäós a no-brainer to remain at Red Bull Racing for another year.
“My motivation to achieve the best results possible both for myself and the team is still very high.
“Over the past five years, we have worked hard and proved that we can design and build a competitive and championship-winning car, and I?óÔé¼Ôäóm looking forward to putting the car and myself on the limit again each and every race weekend in 2012.”
Team principal Christian Horner said: “When we sat down and started talking about 2012, it was immediately obvious that Mark and the team wanted to continue our successful relationship.
“This meant agreeing an extension for 2012 was very straightforward. Mark knows the team well, having been with us since 2007, and his motivation, fitness and commitment is as high as it has ever been.
“The pairing of Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel is a very strong one, they push each other hard and we are extremely happy the pairing will remain unchanged for a fourth season.”
See the updated list of 2012 F1 drivers and teams.
2012 F1 season
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- New team radio reveals Vettel’s penalty protests
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2012 season review
- What F1 Fanatics thought of 2012: The year in polls
- The drivers and cars of 2012
- F1 Fanatic’s 50 article highlights of 2012
- 11 different Driver of the Weekend winners in 2012
- Who F1 Fanatic readers supported in 2012
- Fernando Alonso voted F1 Fanatic Driver of the Year
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others