2011 Belgian GP team review
Daniel Ricciardo led the Lotuses and Virgins before his car failed.
|Daniel Ricciardo||Vitantonio Liuzzi|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||2’13.077 (+1.461)||2’11.616|
HRT drivers’ lap times throughout the race (in seconds):
Short on downforce, the HRT drivers struggled in the middle sector by Colin Kolles’s own admission. This was particularly true of Ricciardo in qualifying.
Ricciardo dodged the mess at the first corner and moved up to 17th, in front of his team and Jarno Trulli. He was just starting to come under pressure from Trulli when the safety car came out.
“I can?óÔéĽÔäót be fully satisfied because it has been a short race for me,” he said, “but at least the time I was out there was really positive.”
Another slow HRT pit stop cost him the place, but it didn’t matter as his car coasted to a halt at Rivage on his out lap.
Liuzzi ran in front of Jerome d’Ambrosio and Trulli at the start before being passed by both of them, slipping back to last place.
2011 Belgian Grand Prix
- Rate the race result: 2011 Belgian Grand Prix
- In the Paddock Club and in the stands at Spa
- Leimer’s crash and in the pits at McLaren – fans’ videos from Spa
- 2011 Belgian Grand Prix: complete race review
- Vote for your Belgian GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Newey relieved after “scariest race ever”
- McLaren: Button hit by debris in first-lap scare
- Ferrari: Harder tyres still the car’s weakness
- Mercedes: Schumacher climbs 19 places to fifth
- Renault: Petrov buoyed by R31 upgrades
Image ?é?® Motioncompany