2011 Belgian GP team review
Both Toro Rosso drivers blamed rival for crashing into them at Spa.
|Sebastien Buemi||Jaime Alguersuari|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||2’04.692 (+0.131)||2’04.561|
Toro Rosso drivers’ lap times throughout the race (in seconds):
Buemi didn’t make the cut for Q3 running a very different set-up to his team mate.
He dodged the mayhem at the first corner and was up to sixth by the second lap. But on lap five he was hit by Sergio Perez.
Buemi said: “Perez tried to pass me and simply drove into the back of me, which completed destroyed my rear wing and I had no option but to bring the car back to the pits to retire.
“I really can?óÔé¼Ôäót understand what he was doing, as I was clearly ahead of him: it was as though he forgot to brake.”
Alguersuari was very pleased with sixth on the grid: “This was my best ever performance and the best for the team this year.
“I think I have to be very happy with this and also because my team-mate came very close to Q3, which shows we have done a good job, not just on the car but in the way we managed the session, being the first out of the pits to get a clear track.”
But his race was ruined at the first corner when he was hit by Bruno Senna.
Afterwards Alguersuari said “I don?óÔé¼Ôäót want to speak badly about any other driver as it?óÔé¼Ôäós not my style, but I think the situation was quite clear to everyone.
“Going into the hairpin after the start, I was in the middle with Senna on my inside and Fernando on my outside and Senna completely missed his braking point and hit me which pushed me into the path of the Ferrari.”
2011 Belgian Grand Prix
- Rate the race result: 2011 Belgian Grand Prix
- In the Paddock Club and in the stands at Spa
- Leimer’s crash and in the pits at McLaren – fans’ videos from Spa
- 2011 Belgian Grand Prix: complete race review
- Vote for your Belgian GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Newey relieved after “scariest race ever”
- McLaren: Button hit by debris in first-lap scare
- Ferrari: Harder tyres still the car’s weakness
- Mercedes: Schumacher climbs 19 places to fifth
- Renault: Petrov buoyed by R31 upgrades
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others