Lewis Hamilton: The F1 Fanatic quiz

F1 Fanatic Quiz

Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 2011

Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 2011

The next subject of our F1 Fanatic quizzes is 2008 world champion Lewis Hamilton.

He’s one of the biggest names in Formula 1 today – but how well do you know his career?

Tackle these 20 questions and find out:

And then you can compare your overall score with other F1 Fanatics and take more quizzes here:

See here for information on how the quizzes work to make sure you enter your answers correctly and get the best score possible:

If you don’t already have one, you will need an F1 Fanatic account to participate in the quizzes. Details on how to get one can be found here:

How did you get on? Share your score in the comments (but remember not to leave clues about the questions!)

Image ?? McLaren

41 comments on Lewis Hamilton: The F1 Fanatic quiz

1. Valentino (@valentino) said on 4th September 2011, 11:00

No questions about reprimands? :)

2. 19/20. Question four confused the hell out of me.

3. iBlaze (@) said on 4th September 2011, 11:33

I ran out of time on my first attempt and now it’s taking 0 as my score.. this hasn’t happened before with any other quiz.

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 4th September 2011, 11:39

That’s always been the rule – you can’t improve on your original score. Which is the way it has to be, or everyone would have 20 out of 20. I think we had a bug early on which allowed some users to repeat a quiz once after they had taken it, but that was sorted a while ago.

• matt90 (@matt90) said on 4th September 2011, 13:10

I think in previous ones I ran out of time, and I just got to try it again more quickly. I didn’t realise that wasn’t a rule.

• matt90 (@matt90) said on 4th September 2011, 14:21

In the future would it be possible to make the timer a feature you can see anywhere on the screen? Otherwise you get to the last few questions not knowing how tight you are for time. Great quiz, Keith.

• iBlaze (@) said on 4th September 2011, 15:33

I know you can’t improve on your original score, but on previous quizzes when I’ve ran out of time the 0 never counted and I got to try again until I actually completed the quiz within the time limit. The Senna quiz took me about 3 attempts before I was within the time limit but it still counted my score as 10 when I eventually completed it within the allowed time.

• That’s been the case with me as well. On the Jenson Button quiz I ran out of time three times consecutively, and now it shows that I have completed two more quizzes!

• f1alex (@f1alex) said on 4th September 2011, 16:38

I think maybe it just needs to be reworded, so instead of it saying “If the timer reaches 0 your score will not count”, it should say “If the timer reaches 0 your score will be counted as 0″.

4. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 4th September 2011, 12:22

7/20. Dreadful. Better than my Schumacher and Alonso attempts though.

My problem is that I have very little recollection of anything pre-2009. I’m still quite new to all this!

5. Journeyer (@journeyer) said on 4th September 2011, 12:26

18/20 – not bad at all. Wish I knew what I got wrong, though. :|

Targeting to get in the Top 5 after this quiz – and make up some ground to catch those in the lead.

6. raymondu999 (@raymondu999) said on 4th September 2011, 12:59

Whoo! My first ever full score. The bit about the other McLaren rookie nearly threw me off though. How do you choose the order for these Keith? Which driver is next?

7. AndrewT (@andrewt) said on 4th September 2011, 13:26

I’ve been missing quzzes recently, I’m glad this new one came out, absolutley made my day in the halftime for waiting for the next GP. 19/20, no idea what was my mistake, but can can think about question #16, I wasn’t sure if I had to answer with the number they scored “individually”, or “together”. But maybe it wasn’t my problem :)
    Superb quiz, I really liked it.
    Will there be in the future subjects other than “drivers”, maybe “teams”, or “seasons” or “countries”?

8. 19 out of 20! Best score so far! Probably because it was all so recent! Very happy with that, I wish I could know which one I got wrong though, about three were educated guesses so i’d like to know which one I missed!

No matter, I love this quiz feature and i’m in the top 20 of the leaderboard, very happy!

9. Mild7nick (@mild7nick) said on 4th September 2011, 13:37

I got 19/20 but i swear i know every question. For race positions do people put 1st or “1″?

I just put a number so thought maybe thats why

10. 2 out of 20. I’m pitiful.

11. French Steve (@french-steve) said on 4th September 2011, 14:44

I get 0 because I was surprised by the time left.
    On my 2nd attempt, I made 19.
    I’m very disappointed because I take care of time but it seems a time bug.
    I need a certain time to translate the questions.
    Can you restore my score, Keith ? please

12. Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 4th September 2011, 15:43

18/20 which I was very pleased about, I thought I was very clever with one of the answers but turns out not clever enough!

13. Dan_the_McLaren_fan (@dan_the_mclaren_fan) said on 4th September 2011, 16:41

I received 13, but after checking back my answers, I counted 14 correct answers. Strange…

(I knew the answer to another question, but haven’t understood quite well then (the question about NASCAR)).

14. AdrianMorse (@adrianmorse) said on 4th September 2011, 17:00

After timing out in the first three quizzes, I rushed through this one, although by the time the ads had loaded, I had only 4:48 left!

15. GeeMac (@geemac) said on 4th September 2011, 17:15

I can’t seem to do any better than 14 on these quizzes…must try harder!

• I had 14, which I regard as “good”. I’ve followed most of Hamilton’s career, although I can’t remember all the races he took pole for/won. Nor did I remember who was the last rookie to start for McLaren, which I got wrong. Nor did I remember the track where he tested for NASCAR. But other than that, I’m satisfied.