The Italian Grand Prix will be the first race with two DRS detection and activation zones per lap.
The drivers will reach a detection point between the two Lesmo bends which will then allow them to activate DRS on the straight leading to Ascari.
Further around the lap another detection point at the exit of Parabolica will allow drivers to use DRS on the start/finish straight.
Two DRS activation zones were used in Montreal and Valencia, but they were activated based on the a single detection point.
Here is the arrangement of the DRS detection and activation areas which will be used in the race this weekend:
As usual, drivers will have free use of DRS in qualifying and practice.
2011 Italian Grand Prix
- Sebastian Vettel named Driver of the Weekend for Monza
- Rate the race result: 2011 Italian Grand Prix
- FIA steward Daly says Schumacher should have had penalty
- 2011 Italian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for your Italian GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel poised to clinch second title
- McLaren: Button leads Hamilton home again
- Ferrari: Alonso admits “the title is gone”
- Mercedes: Schumacher fifth after Hamilton battle
- Renault: Senna claims first points finish
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images