2012 F1 season
Jarno Trulli will remain at Lotus in 2012 having extended his contract with the team.
Trulli has been with the team since 2009 but missed one race earlier this year, when he was substituted for Karun Chandhok at the Nurburgring.
Trulli said: “I am very pleased that we have been able to confirm today that my contract with Team Lotus has been extended into 2012.
“The challenge I first accepted when I joined the team is becoming more exciting every day, and I am very proud that I can keep helping the team take steps forward for at least another year. I would like to thank Tony, Kamarudin and Nasa for the chance to keep working with them, Riad, Mike and the whole team and I am looking forward to the challenges that lay ahead.”
Team principal Tony Fernandes added: “We are all delighted that we have been able to reach an agreement to keep Jarno on board for at least one more year with our team.
“He has shown in qualifying in Monza just how much pace he has and how he can wring every last drop of performance out of his car and since day one with us he has brought a level of professionalism, insight and raw speed to our team that has helped accelerate our development on and off track.
“Today’s announcement will give us the benefit of his experience and knowledge into 2012, another very important year in the growth of our team.”
See the updated list of 2012 F1 drivers and teams.
2012 F1 season
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- New team radio reveals Vettel’s penalty protests
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2012 season review
- What F1 Fanatics thought of 2012: The year in polls
- The drivers and cars of 2012
- F1 Fanatic’s 50 article highlights of 2012
- 11 different Driver of the Weekend winners in 2012
- Who F1 Fanatic readers supported in 2012
- Fernando Alonso voted F1 Fanatic Driver of the Year
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles
Image © Team Lotus