2011 Singapore GP second practice
Sebastian Vettel assumed his customary position on top of the times at the end of Friday practice.
Vettel was quickest by a clear second early in the session as the drivers ran on soft tyres.
Fernando Alonso took over the fastest times after switching to super-softs. Vettel took the quickest time back again but by a reduced margin of two-tenths of a second.
Lewis Hamilton aborted several attempts to set a time on the faster rubber before finally setting a 1’47.115 for third on his fourth attempt.
Behind him were Felipe Massa and Mark Webber, with Michael Schumacher the quickest of the two Mercedes in sixth place.
Jenson Button’s session finished early after he made a mistake at turn 14. His McLaren came to a halt at the exit of the corner, facing the barrier. Button was unable to engage reverse gear and had to climb out of his car.
It was an early end for both Toro Rosso drivers as well. Sebastien Buemi clouted the barrier at turn 21 and knocked his front-right wheel off. Jaime Alguersuari’s day came to an end due to a technical glitch on his car.
Paul di Resta missed much of the session with an hydraulic problem on his Force India. He finally got out in time to set a single lap on the super-soft tyres.
There was no repeat of the problems with kerbs experienced in first practice as several were removed between the two sessions. They are expected to be restored before the next session tomorrow.
2011 Singapore Grand Prix
- Vettel and Button take Driver of the Weekend wins
- Rate the race result: 2011 Singapore Grand Prix
- Ferrari deny Massa told to cause Hamilton crash
- From Kovalainen’s fire to fireworks: your Singapore videos
- 2011 Singapore Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for your Singapore GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel supreme as championship beckons
- McLaren: Another collision, another penalty for Hamilton
- Ferrari: Alonso wants to focus on 2012 in last races
- Force India: Di Resta claims best result yet
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others