Rate the race: 2011 Singapore Grand Prix

Debates and polls

What did you think of the Singapore Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2011 Singapore Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (2%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (2%)
  • 4 (4%)
  • 5 (13%)
  • 6 (26%)
  • 7 (35%)
  • 8 (14%)
  • 9 (3%)
  • 10 (1%)

Total Voters: 397

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

155 comments on Rate the race: 2011 Singapore Grand Prix

1 2 3 4
  1. Stunning race from Vettel, never saw it coming.

2. electrolite (@electrolite) said on 25th September 2011, 15:08

Seems to be mostly 6′s? But I really enjoyed that race actually, an 8 for me.

• I thought it was a normal race, but in the sea of excitement that is this year, it wasn’t spectacular.

Vettel. Wow. No one touched him. DOTW for sure.

• I gave the race a 7. The start was very exciting, as was everything leading up to the safety car. After that, it went a bit quiet. If there were a few more laps, Button would have been with Vettel. But even so, it was a good race, but by 2011 standards, maybe not brilliant. That shows just how good this season’s been; a race which was very exciting is probably going to be voted as one of the worst this season.

• Fixy (@fixy) said on 1st October 2011, 11:02

7/10 for me, because I liked it ;)

3. Some good action from Alonso, Button and Webber. Good use of strategy by Di Resta and Perez who also made a few really good moves, Rosberg lucky not to get damage nor penalty.

Hamilton did some nice moves as well, but most of it was just DRS zooming past. A 7/10 for Jenson giving it a try in the end. Without Rubens really getting into the way he might have a shot at getting Vettel nervous, but no one really had the measure of Vettel, again.

4. Once again we see a late fightback coming to nothing. Still good to watch, but got dull when everyone was seperated a while after the SC 7/10

5. Pretty dull. There were a few battles and some strategy but it just didn’t feel like it ever grabbed me. A 6/10

6. Trenthamfolk (@trenthamfolk) said on 25th September 2011, 15:12

This is shaping up to be a great season… Button showing his class, and Red Bull showing the world why they’re top: Sebastain Vettel! Can’t understand the criticism of team orders in Force India though… thought the F1fanatic crew was all in favor of them?

• AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 25th September 2011, 16:29

Nope, I think most of us are against them. Not me, however.

• graham228221 (@graham228221) said on 25th September 2011, 18:41

Can’t understand the criticism of team orders in Force India though

Criticism?

I think it’s a perfect example of why team orders had to be legalised for this year – there was a whole grey area around teammates with different strategies letting each other past. Fortunately teams can know openly make logical decisions without opening themselves to criticism or shrouding messages in code.

7. Vettel was driving at least 1 second faster a lap than Button who himself was a good chunk faster than the rest… AND being the last of the frontrunners to pit. Mind-boggling. If he doesn’t get DOTW, I’m done. Could he even go on to match or even beat Schumi’s record of 13 wins in a season?

Also, great result from di Resta.

• Made me wonder the whole race what Button, Alonso or Hamilton could do in a Red Bull car. When Vettel races you can see he’s pushing and pushing. Webber seems more and more like a product of a good car. He can’t even good a good start for crying out loud…

• Nigelstash (@nigelstash) said on 25th September 2011, 16:13

Easy answer. Beat Vettel. That’s why they will never drive one, so unless McLaren and Ferrari put everything into next years car (maybe just copy Red Bull) then next year will be the same. If Ferrari and McLaren catch up then next year could be a classic.

• Was Vettel pushing? He repeatedly pushed for a 12 second gap then just held position. He never was threatened even remotely.

His tyres were lasting longer than the other main guys as well.

• folks are always saying that: what would “insert favorite driver” do in a redbull? Let’s see, Vettel’s average starting position on the grid is something like 1.3 (11 poles, 2 2nds and a 3rd), and his average finish is like 1.5 (9 wins, 4 seconds and a 4th).

So Button, Alonso, or Hamilton in a redbull may be able to do better than Vettel, but if they did, it certainly wouldn’t be by much. Each of those drivers have been in the best car on the grid previously, and none have come close to achieving what Vettel has done. So I’d say, all things considered, I don’t think any of them (with the possible exception of Alonso), could do what Vettel has done in a Redbull.

• bananarama (@bananarama) said on 25th September 2011, 16:17

He has 9 wins and 5 races left so he can do 14 out of 19. That’d be 73.7% of the season compared to 72.2% by Schumacher. Someone has to win one more race (or two) for crying out loud!

8. mrgrieves (@mrgrieves) said on 25th September 2011, 15:13

7/10

Nothing totally eyecathing to take the score higher but a good race non the less

9. Dave_F1 said on 25th September 2011, 15:14

DRS again makes passing too easy, Its a complete joke watching there easy, dull & boring push of a button passes.

the fact that the most exciting passes all happened outside the DRS zone shows just how much of a joke that system actually is.

10. Troy Alexander (@troy-alexander) said on 25th September 2011, 15:15

I’m afraid I will give it 5/10. Pretty dull to be honest but Vettel drove a cool and collected race.

11. I placed VET-BUT-WEB-ALO-SCH prediction. Could have been perfect, had I sticked to my secret formula :) but at the last moment I thought “Schumi’s been quite good recently, let’s give him a chance” and replaced HAM with SCH (and for a good moment it looked promising). Oh well, the important thing is he wasn’t hurt.

So, a pretty predictable race, I wonder how many perfect predictions we will see…

• I thought Schumi could have really hurt his back,so glad to see he emerged OK,but to me it seemed ages until he got up,probably stunned
      The race was boring,predictable,I don’t like street races anyway,so only gave it 1.Looking forward to Japan.

Lewis was so pent up,and poor Massa took the flak again.

Button is obviously the number 1 driver with Mclaren now,but he is driving as good as Vettel,just needs a better car.

• graham228221 (@graham228221) said on 25th September 2011, 18:46

He got straight out – you could see him taking off his racing overalls at the side of the track about a minute or two afterwards.

12. djdaveyp85 (@djdaveyp87) said on 25th September 2011, 15:16

8 for me, would have given it a 9 had it not been for too much steward intervention. Very exciting race.

13. mrjlr93 (@mrjlr93) said on 25th September 2011, 15:16

i thought this race was worse than Valencia

14. roberttty (@roberttty) said on 25th September 2011, 15:17

7/10, considering it’s Singapore. Some good racing but not thrilling towards the end

15. damonsmedley (@damonsmedley) said on 25th September 2011, 15:18

6/10 from me.

Schumacher’s crash was probably the only part that made my heart rate rise at all, unfortunately!

• AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 25th September 2011, 16:32

I got the slightest flutter when Hamilton hit Massa.

• xxiinophobia (@xxiinophobia) said on 25th September 2011, 16:32

You must have missed:

- Webber v. Alonso I
      - Webber v. Alonso II
      - Perez v. Rosberg (albeit short-lived)
      - Perez v. Schumacher (see Perez v. Rosberg)
      - Hamilton v. Massa I
      - Hamilton v. Massa II
      - Button v. Vettel feat. Lapped Traffic
      - Di Resta v. Tyre Life

Quite a bit of action and interesting things going on throughout in my opinion, if you ignore Vettel largely running off with all his toys per usual.

1 2 3 4