2011 Singapore GP team review
Contact with Michael Schumacher and Bruno Senna failed to keep Sergio Perez from the top ten.
|Kamui Kobayashi||Sergio Perez|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’48.054 (+0.337)||1’47.717|
Sauber drivers’ lap times throughout the race (in seconds):
|Pit stop 1||Soft 30.464s|
|Pit stop 2||Super soft 31.602s|
|Pit stop 3||Super soft 30.869s|
Looked ragged through the turn ten chicane in practice. It caught him out in qualifying, planting the Sauber into the barriers and leaving him 17th on the grid.
Kobayashi ran an unusual strategy, starting on softs then taking a second set, before switching to super softs during the safety car period.
He couldn’t make it to the end without a further stop but his race was spoiled anyway for a drive-through notice for not paying sufficient attention to blue flags.
He said he was “very surprised” by the penalty, adding: “I didn?óÔéĽÔäót see any blue flags.”
|Start tyre||Super soft|
|Pit stop 1||Soft 30.81s|
|Pit stop 2||Soft 33.344s|
Missed out on Q3 by a tenth of a second, lining up 11th on the grid.
Having started on super soft tyres, he moved up to ninth and was battling for position with the Mercedes drivers.
He swapped places with Nico Rosberg before Michael Schumacher crashed into him at turn eight in a move Perez described as “too optimistic”. Perez suffered a puncture, but was able to pit under the safety car without losing a position.
The next assault came from Bruno Senna, who had been mistakenly informed by his team that he was racing Perez for position, despite actually behind a lap behind.
Nonetheless he completed the second half of the race on a set of soft tyres. He started the final lap in ninth, but was passed by the recovering Felipe Massa, who was around two seconds per laps faster at the time.
2011 Singapore Grand Prix
- Vettel and Button take Driver of the Weekend wins
- Rate the race result: 2011 Singapore Grand Prix
- Ferrari deny Massa told to cause Hamilton crash
- From Kovalainen’s fire to fireworks: your Singapore videos
- 2011 Singapore Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for your Singapore GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel supreme as championship beckons
- McLaren: Another collision, another penalty for Hamilton
- Ferrari: Alonso wants to focus on 2012 in last races
- Force India: Di Resta claims best result yet
Image ?é?® Sauber F1 Team
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others