2011 F1 season
Mercedes has confirmed Geoff Willis and Aldo Costa will join its technical team this year.
Willis, who joins Mercedes from HRT, will adopt the role of technology director from October 17th. He previously worked for the Brackley team when it was BAR and Honda from 2001 to 2006.
Former Ferrari employee Costa will begin his role as engineering director on December 1st. He had been with Ferrari since 1996 during which time he spent many years working with Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn.
Both will report to technical director Bob Bell.
Brawn said: “Geoff is a highly respected engineer with over twenty years of Formula 1 experience, and we look forward to his arrival next month.
“Having worked closely with Aldo for many years, I know that he will bring dedication and championship-winning expertise to the team when he joins in December.
“Building a winning team is an exciting challenge for us all as we work towards the competitiveness and standards that we aspire to as the Mercedes-Benz works team. With a strong technical structure led by Bob Bell, we are moving ourselves into the best possible position to achieve our ambitions.”
2011 F1 season
- New video of Maldonado and Hamilton’s Monaco crash
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Daimler