2012 F1 season
McLaren have confirmed Jenson Button will remain with them beyond 2011.
The team announced today Button has signed a new multi-year contract.
Button said: “I’ve never felt more at home at a team than I do at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes.
”I’ve won four of the greatest races of my life here, I’m currently lying second in the drivers’ world championship, and I feel that I’m driving better than ever.”
Team principal Martin Whitmarsh said: “Jenson is a great driver and a great guy.
“In fact, I can safely say that he’s one of the most capable and respected drivers we’ve ever had, and I’m therefore absolutely delighted that he’ll continue to work with us into the future.
“He’s a considerable credit to this organisation, and I’m proud to be his team principal.
“I feel sure that he’ll now build on the considerable success he’s already achieved with us, and will be even more successful with us in years to come.”
Lewis Hamilton added his endorsement, saying: “It’s great news that Jenson has chosen to stay with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes.
“Jenson has been a great person to work with, and a genuine team player, from the moment we welcomed him on board.”
See the updated list of 2012 F1 drivers and teams
2012 F1 season
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- New team radio reveals Vettel’s penalty protests
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2012 season review
- What F1 Fanatics thought of 2012: The year in polls
- The drivers and cars of 2012
- F1 Fanatic’s 50 article highlights of 2012
- 11 different Driver of the Weekend winners in 2012
- Who F1 Fanatic readers supported in 2012
- Fernando Alonso voted F1 Fanatic Driver of the Year
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles
Image © McLaren