2012 F1 season
McLaren have confirmed Jenson Button will remain with them beyond 2011.
The team announced today Button has signed a new multi-year contract.
Button said: “I?óÔé¼Ôäóve never felt more at home at a team than I do at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes.
?óÔé¼?¬”I’ve won four of the greatest races of my life here, I?óÔé¼Ôäóm currently lying second in the drivers?óÔé¼Ôäó world championship, and I feel that I?óÔé¼Ôäóm driving better than ever.”
Team principal Martin Whitmarsh said: “Jenson is a great driver and a great guy.
“In fact, I can safely say that he?óÔé¼Ôäós one of the most capable and respected drivers we?óÔé¼Ôäóve ever had, and I?óÔé¼Ôäóm therefore absolutely delighted that he?óÔé¼Ôäóll continue to work with us into the future.
“He?óÔé¼Ôäós a considerable credit to this organisation, and I?óÔé¼Ôäóm proud to be his team principal.
“I feel sure that he?óÔé¼Ôäóll now build on the considerable success he?óÔé¼Ôäós already achieved with us, and will be even more successful with us in years to come.”
Lewis Hamilton added his endorsement, saying: “It?óÔé¼Ôäós great news that Jenson has chosen to stay with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes.
“Jenson has been a great person to work with, and a genuine team player, from the moment we welcomed him on board.”
See the updated list of 2012 F1 drivers and teams
2012 F1 season
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- New team radio reveals Vettel’s penalty protests
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2012 season review
- What F1 Fanatics thought of 2012: The year in polls
- The drivers and cars of 2012
- F1 Fanatic’s 50 article highlights of 2012
- 11 different Driver of the Weekend winners in 2012
- Who F1 Fanatic readers supported in 2012
- Fernando Alonso voted F1 Fanatic Driver of the Year
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® McLaren