Rate the race: 2011 Japanese Grand Prix

2011 Japanese Grand Prix

What did you think of the Japanese Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2011 Japanese Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (1%)
  • 4 (1%)
  • 5 (4%)
  • 6 (10%)
  • 7 (30%)
  • 8 (30%)
  • 9 (19%)
  • 10 (4%)

Total Voters: 447

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2011 Japanese Grand Prix

Browse all 2011 Japanese Grand Prix articles

172 comments on Rate the race: 2011 Japanese Grand Prix

1. BBT (@bbt) said on 9th October 2011, 8:52

8 for me.

Great drives from Button, Alonso, Vettel.

MSC leading a few laps.

Missed a little something I can’t put my finger on so dropped two points.

2. Ritesh (@rits) said on 9th October 2011, 8:53

Good race but I gave it a 6 for the dreadful TV production. Missed 60% of the action..

3. latina (@latina) said on 9th October 2011, 8:54

Maclaren never gets the right moment to send in their drivers to the pit for a tyre change. When vettel needs fresh pairs he goes straight in, but why leave Hamilton out there for almost everyone to catch up with him , including Filipe before he is called in? The incident involving Lewis and Felipe was absolutely avoidable.

4. dirgegirl (@dirgegirl) said on 9th October 2011, 8:54

8 for me – fantastic to see JB win, great chase at the end which had me on the edge of the sofa, brilliant defence from Alonso, some great passes further down the grid. Woo hoo!

5. 8 it was great but the stewards annoyed me as I expected a penalty for Ham and there was a little while near the start where things seemed a bit quiet. I still loved it though

• latina (@latina) said on 9th October 2011, 9:00

You expected a penalty for Ham, What about for Vettel against Button at the beginning of the race or, Schumacher against whatever his name is when the SC was out.

Try to be fair. This is sport. You don’t have any personal issues with Ham, so try to be fair.

• I said in another article I didn’t like Seb’s move at all and I’m so sick of people crying that people aren’t balanced because of who they support. It happens all of the time now. Ham’s incident was more severe and it was exactly the same as Spa imo and I gave him the benefit of the doubt for that because it was one of those things but while one’s a mistake two is foolish.

And thanks for the advice but I always try to be fair. When I comment it isn’t about who I like (unless I give a little hurray and admit I support them or whatever) it’s about what I think was fair, who did well and what I feel was right or wrong etc.

• damonsmedley (@damonsmedley) said on 9th October 2011, 12:48

@latina You obviously don’t realise that @Steph is probably the least partisan person on this entire website.

You don’t have any personal issues with Ham, so try to be fair.

Actually, I’m willing to bet none of us on here do. But most people know right from wrong when they see it, and Hamilton certainly was at fault on this occasion. Okay, again.

• JerseyF1 (@jerseyf1) said on 9th October 2011, 9:19

I was surprised HAM didn’t get a penalty, not because he should have but just because the stewards seem to be after him most of the time.

I thought Vettel was lucky to get away with the push at the start which was clearly both deliberate and dangerous, if that had been Shumi or Hamilton there would have been an outcry and probably a penalty.

6. Alex Bkk (@alex-bkk) said on 9th October 2011, 8:59

An 8 for me because it was Suzuka. A 10 for Alonso, he was incredible.

7. David-A (@david-a) said on 9th October 2011, 8:59

Fitting that the three best drivers of the season filled out the podium, plus so many great performances over the weekend.

It was Button’s best overall weekend this season, pretty much flawless today, and only denied a first Mclaren pole by quali-king Seb. Fernando superbly fought to the end, proving like Seb, why he’s such a worthy double champ.

The two Mercs and Perez were the other standouts. Schumi beat Massa’s Ferrari, when 7th should have been the best possible result. Rosberg took a well deserved point from 23rd, while Perez got his head down and got a great result despite the attention on his teammate. Honourable mention to Sutil for the overtakes, almnost made me wish the points went down to 11th! :P

9/10 for me, thanks to the close battle between the top three teams, plus numerous battles down the field.

8. Kingshark (@kingshark) said on 9th October 2011, 9:00

9/10

Only China and Canada were better this year.

9. Stefanauss (@stefanauss) said on 9th October 2011, 9:02

Less actions that you would expect from the cars being so close. But good race, I give it a 7, but the last laps were worth of more of that.

10. Eggry (@eggry) said on 9th October 2011, 9:02

9 for me

11. AndresM (@andresm) said on 9th October 2011, 9:04

It.has.been BEAUTIFUL

9/10

12. I gave it a 10.

The most exciting race this season. And with the pit strategies, it was like watching a race from the late 90’s! Simply incredible!

13. KaIIe (@kaiie) said on 9th October 2011, 9:08

5/10. One of the most boring races this year. After the SC period nothing happened. DRS was too much sometimes (Hamilton passing Massa), and didn’t work at all at times (Vettel vs Alonso). A couple of good moves due to the tyres.

14. brum55 said on 9th October 2011, 9:12

Brilliant race, great stuff from Button, Alonso and of course Vettel

15. verstappen (@verstappen) said on 9th October 2011, 9:12

I gave an 8. Entertaining, but no overtake on track for lead. Hm, maybe should’ve given à 9.
    Oh and good stewarding!

• Alex Bkk (@alex-bkk) said on 9th October 2011, 9:18

A solid 8 is better than a maybe nine. Martin must have a dog in this fight ;)

• JerseyF1 (@jerseyf1) said on 9th October 2011, 9:26

I think that the stewarding was good – generally the stewards this year seem to be too happy to give out penalties and fail to understand that sometimes in F1 cars are going to come together, drivers make mistakes, and drivers don’t want to lose places. I think a more hands off approach and let the drivers get on with it is the best way.