Rate the race: 2011 Japanese Grand Prix

2011 Japanese Grand Prix

What did you think of the Japanese Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2011 Japanese Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (1%)
  • 4 (1%)
  • 5 (4%)
  • 6 (10%)
  • 7 (30%)
  • 8 (30%)
  • 9 (19%)
  • 10 (4%)

Total Voters: 447

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2011 Japanese Grand Prix

Browse all 2011 Japanese Grand Prix articles

172 comments on Rate the race: 2011 Japanese Grand Prix

1. Trenthamfolk (@trenthamfolk) said on 9th October 2011, 9:19

9 For me, as a Jenson fan… All these years of following are really paying off!

Now, where’s Massa mouthing off when you need him? Probably waxing Alonso’s daily run-about before sweeping out the Ferrari garage, no doubt…

2. MJ (@mjf1) said on 9th October 2011, 9:21

Fantastic race, one of the best this season. Drivers of the day: JButton, FAlonso, Schumi, Rosberg, and Perez.

3. F1Yankee (@f1yankee) said on 9th October 2011, 9:23

9′s and 10′s??? it wasn’t bad, but i’ve seen better for sure

• BasCB (@bascb) said on 9th October 2011, 9:31

@f1yankee wasn’t last years Suzuka a snoozer on a beautifull track? Compared to that it really was a 9!

I had a thoroughly good time with the mid field battle to switch back to at any time when the top were just chasing each other. The director might have done a better job of catching all of it though. Still I think it deserves a 7-9/10 rating.

• I agree, and for the fourth race out of the last five, both Brundle and Couthard have said something along the lines of ‘this is going to be a cracking finish’ and then it’s a completely unchanged procession to the flag. Disappointing.

4. Jonathan189 (@jonathan189) said on 9th October 2011, 9:27

The people giving this a 9 or a 10 surely had some kind of emotional investment in Button winning.

There wasn’t very much for the non-McLaren fans. Everything was decided in the pits, with no memorable passes at all. Vettel was extremely cautious and was never really going for the win.

The alleged “battle” for the lead at the end was seriously overhyped by the commentators. Button cranked his engine mode up a bit and it was over before it began.

Remember Canada: Button was at the back of the field and fought his way through to 1st on the track. Now think of Japan: Button started second and slotted into 1st after a cautious pitstop from Vettel. Same score? Not even close!

• Trenthamfolk (@trenthamfolk) said on 9th October 2011, 9:39

Fans of particular drivers like to see them winning? Hmm… interesting theory… work hard on that one?

It all depends on what you enjoy about F1. Remember, anything can happen, and as Ferrari boy was catching Button, it was incredibly exciting for me! I agree that Button’s fight to the front in Canada was monumental, but I detect a degree of bitterness that your man didn’t win today…

Don’t forget that Vettel fans may also be happy about something or other…

5. Bookoi (@bookoi) said on 9th October 2011, 9:27

I think everybody must have seen something I didn’t! Nice result and great to see a champion crowned, but an average race I thought. 6/10.

6. Chrisayyy (@chrisayyy) said on 9th October 2011, 9:31

Button can’t win in the dry. Button can’t beat Hamilton in the dry, oh wait.

7. Atticus (@atticus-2) said on 9th October 2011, 9:32

I don’t agree with the 9s and 10s either.

For me, 10 is an absolute miracle, one that stands out as an all time greatest drive. The best. I obvoiusly can’t choose one.

9 are absolute cliffhangers. Monza 1967, Donnington 1993, Spa 1995, Silverstone 2008. Or a last lap championship decider (Interlagos 2008), or last-lap win (Monaco 1970, Montreal 2011).

8 are the very good races in a year. I gave a lot of 8 this year. China, Monaco, Hungary, Belgium comes to mind.

7 are the good races, kind of like some nice tactical battle, some close, but not so adventurous races, etc.

I gave it a 7.

I know I’m strict, I use a similarly strict inner value system judging movies on IMDb too.

:D

• Alex Bkk (@alex-bkk) said on 9th October 2011, 9:56

That’s a good rating system you have. I gave it an 8 because my favourite driver drove a 10. That would be Alonso.

• Atticus (@atticus-2) said on 9th October 2011, 10:22

And that would correlate up to 100% with my favourite driver. :)

And indeed Alonso again got everything out of his car – as usual. I adore his consistency since midterm last year. The 2010 Belgian and this year’s Malaysian errors were the notable exception. I used to wonder if he would oust Vettel given the same conditions.

Despite Button’s recent revival since Hungary, I still think Alonso is at least the 2nd best driver this year.

But that’s pretty much out of topic.

8. excelelnt race, well done Jenson, another fabulous performer. Vettel World Champion, but for a very heavy percentage of the year, Button’s performance has shone! As for his team mate, ah well, messed up last run in qualifying and the Beeb as usual tried to blame Schumacher and then Webber – were they supposed to back off because wonderboy was in front of them? Am fed up with the Beeb commentary team’s Hamilton bias…

9. Jim1601 (@jim1601) said on 9th October 2011, 9:37

9 from me, very enjoyable race.

Seeing Schumacher in the lead certainly brought back memories!!

10. James_mc (@james_mc) said on 9th October 2011, 9:38

7 from me. The best races are the ones which you don’t want to end and I certainly felt that today. Even though it didn’t have a significant negative impact on the race, I felt the safety car was a bit unnecessary and smelled strongly of “improving the show”.

11. PEW (@pew) said on 9th October 2011, 9:40

I loved it – DRS was not too effective

12. CarolinaBlue704 (@carolinablue704) said on 9th October 2011, 9:46

9/10

For this season I would only rate Canada and China higher. Very entertaining race on a classic track.

13. StephenH said on 9th October 2011, 9:48

A quick thought ….. that was Jenson Button’s first dry-weather win for Mc’Laren !!

14. FullSpe3d (@dryyoshi) said on 9th October 2011, 9:52

Was it a good race? Yes. Did I enjoy it? Yes. Was the best race of the season? Definetely not. 7/10 for me

15. ScuderiaVincero (@scuderiavincero) said on 9th October 2011, 9:52

Spectacular victory for Jenson Button, spectacular drive from Fernando Alonso, spectacular championship for Sebastian Vettel. Full marks guys, you deserved it :)