Rate the race: 2011 Japanese Grand Prix

2011 Japanese Grand Prix

What did you think of the Japanese Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2011 Japanese Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (1%)
  • 4 (1%)
  • 5 (4%)
  • 6 (10%)
  • 7 (30%)
  • 8 (30%)
  • 9 (19%)
  • 10 (4%)

Total Voters: 447

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2011 Japanese Grand Prix

Browse all 2011 Japanese Grand Prix articles

172 comments on Rate the race: 2011 Japanese Grand Prix

1. SundarF1 (@sundarf1) said on 9th October 2011, 9:53

Highly entertaining race, and I gave it a 7. Honestly, now I think I could’ve given it an 8, and a last lap overtake would’ve made it a 9. It wasn’t one of those all time great races to watch though. And I’m inclined to blame the Japanese TV director for that to an extent.

Hats off to Jense and Fernando though, they were brilliant. Wish there’d been a proper scrap for the lead on the last couple of laps.

2. mrgrieves (@mrgrieves) said on 9th October 2011, 9:54

Went with a 8 but was dang close to a 9

Best dry race for a long time. Great to see the top 6 being so close through the whole race.

Shame Kobayashi didnt have a great race

3. Thecollaroyboys (@thecollaroyboys) said on 9th October 2011, 9:55

So whynwere we getting endless tv coverage of some halfwits dressed up as red bull cans when we should have been watching a new world champ weighing in? Dreadful production.

4. Alex Bkk (@alex-bkk) said on 9th October 2011, 10:00

lol, a dead heat between rating it a 7, 8 or nine…

5. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 9th October 2011, 10:05

Certainly a 9 from me. Best since Canada, like @damonsmedley said. Great battles throughout the race and a thrilling last-few-laps dash, that ultimately came to nothing, but did certainly make me sit-up.

Having the Red Bull tyre drama certainly added to the spectacle, for once, they were caught off-guard.

6. wasiF1 (@wasif1) said on 9th October 2011, 10:14

6 Good race but we have seen better races this year.I think one of the big problem has been there were many battles in the mid-field but the main focus of FOM was with the front-runner where nothing too much was happening. It was disspointing for me not to see Kobayashi not having a strong result.

7. PJ (@pjtierney) said on 9th October 2011, 10:16

The race was a little dull in my opinion (rated it a 5).

Yes it had some good moments (like the start, the final few laps etc.) but overall it felt a little processional to me.

8. JamieFranklinF1 (@jamiefranklinf1) said on 9th October 2011, 10:35

Absolutely fantastic race. I thought Vettel’s start was a push too aggressive, but JB drove such an amazing race. He was certainly the driver of the weekened, and only 0.09s off of a completely clean sheet during the weekend too.

The action probably only deserves a 9/10, but the fact that JB won has to bump it up to a full 10. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, despite SV, JB has been the best driver this season.

Also, a big congrats to Seb on his second Championship. He did truly deserve it.

9. Eddie (@wackyracer) said on 9th October 2011, 10:51

What was the massa’s ‘thing with the rear wing’ lol?

10. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 9th October 2011, 10:59

Interesting thought from @mpj1994 – will people who saw the exciting finish to the Bathurst 1000 earlier today rate the Japanese Grand Prix lower?

11. Alex Bkk (@alex-bkk) said on 9th October 2011, 11:01

I think it would be better is all the votes were averaged into one result.

12. csingu (@csingu) said on 9th October 2011, 11:39

Good race, I gave it a seven. Perfect DRS zone – not too hard, not too easy – and a great battle for the lead.

Also, am I the only one who adores the autumn sunlight and the way it reflects on the track and cars in Suzuka? It’s just stunningly beautiful!

13. stren (@stren) said on 9th October 2011, 11:58

almost fell back asleep due to lack of action 6/10 for me

14. mcmclaren said on 9th October 2011, 12:11

high point…gotta be another win for Mclaren

low point…what on earth was the safety car doing out for that long?

15. 91jb12 (@91jb12) said on 9th October 2011, 12:26

7/10 +1 on top though for Vettels title win.

But because Vettel didn’t win, this race will have to rate in the top 6 for they year ;)